Jump to content

Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#101 noelles

noelles
  • Site Supporter
  • 68 posts

    Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

    We are at PP in 2012 and our guests are flying out of Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.  I had a heck of a time finding someone who would affordably put together the group pricing, it seems as though transat handles the PP so does westjet, prices for a week run around the 2000-2500 pp double adult depending on the time of year, those are package deals it has been a process, good luck!


    February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

    21 booked and counting


    #102 Burlia

    Burlia
    • Newbie
    • 31 posts

      Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:12 PM



      Originally Posted by Tanya Marie 





      I ddin't have an outside Photog but I did hire an outside DJ.  Which I had to pay a day pass for and it was fine.  Lorena, is by far the most amazing person and will not do you wrong!  She is in the manager of the WC, she will come through on everything that she promises.  So, I know that it is stressful, but don't worry, she is the best! 

       



      I guess I should have written that a little better...... as soon as I talked with Lorena on the phone everything was immediately AWESOME! It was everybody else that I talked to or emailed who gave me varying (mostly wrong) answers. I felt better once I started dealing with her. It is good to hear that about the day pass and outside vendors. Thanks so much for all your comments and help. With Lynn's membership benefits and your suggestions and photos the experience has been more fun than stressful. This forum has been fabulous.

       



      #103 RMBride2B

      RMBride2B
      • Newbie
      • 126 posts

        Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

        Hey ladies!  Do any of you know if they sell fresh fruit on 5th Ave or in walking distance of the resort? I also need to find a florist for just a few single cut flowers.  I want to use oranges (or tangerines/clementines) and possibly raspberries in my centerpiece along with a single fresh floral bloom (for each table). If you've been before and you've seen either, let me know :)

         

         



        #104 Tanya Marie

        Tanya Marie
        • Jr. Member
        • 334 posts

          Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:00 AM



          Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

          Hey ladies!  Do any of you know if they sell fresh fruit on 5th Ave or in walking distance of the resort? I also need to find a florist for just a few single cut flowers.  I want to use oranges (or tangerines/clementines) and possibly raspberries in my centerpiece along with a single fresh floral bloom (for each table). If you've been before and you've seen either, let me know :)

           

           



          I am not sure about 5th Ave. but there are many places close by, including a MEGA or walmart, that you can get both the fruit and flowers.

           


          Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

          #105 RMBride2B

          RMBride2B
          • Newbie
          • 126 posts

            Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

            Hi again ladies!

             

            I'm getting a little worried about the prices that I received from my TA.  The prices were ok with us until we looked on search engines such as Expedia. Their rates seem cheaper than the TA's, by a little over $200!!  Also, my TA has told me that if I book a certain number of rooms, that it may not be possible to release the rooms, if there are any left over that aren't used!  I'm freaking out a little here.  I want them to book with our TA for our group rates, but now I'm considering working directly with the resort - even the resort website w/ airfare seems alot cheaper! Any advice from you all would be greatly appreciated right now.

             

            Also, he has been slow with his responses and they aren't thorough or hold much information for me to make final decisions.  I really want these packages to go out soon, as we are sending out our invites on Monday morn. I put down $250 to use him (this is going towards our stay), but it isn't refundable. HEEELLLPP!!!



            #106 RMBride2B

            RMBride2B
            • Newbie
            • 126 posts

              Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:17 PM



              Originally Posted by Tanya Marie 





              I am not sure about 5th Ave. but there are many places close by, including a MEGA or walmart, that you can get both the fruit and flowers.

               


              Thanks Tanya!!! :)
               

               



              #107 perry1217

              perry1217
              • Jr. Member
              • 355 posts

                Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

                RM, I pm'd you with Teresa's info!!!  And we are able to release rooms on our room block up until 60 days beforehand with no penalty - so I will be lying to my guests and telling them they need to book at least 90 days before or rooms are getting released!
                 

                Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

                Hi again ladies!

                 

                I'm getting a little worried about the prices that I received from my TA.  The prices were ok with us until we looked on search engines such as Expedia. Their rates seem cheaper than the TA's, by a little over $200!!  Also, my TA has told me that if I book a certain number of rooms, that it may not be possible to release the rooms, if there are any left over that aren't used!  I'm freaking out a little here.  I want them to book with our TA for our group rates, but now I'm considering working directly with the resort - even the resort website w/ airfare seems alot cheaper! Any advice from you all would be greatly appreciated right now.

                 

                Also, he has been slow with his responses and they aren't thorough or hold much information for me to make final decisions.  I really want these packages to go out soon, as we are sending out our invites on Monday morn. I put down $250 to use him (this is going towards our stay), but it isn't refundable. HEEELLLPP!!!



                 


                Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

                #108 perry1217

                perry1217
                • Jr. Member
                • 355 posts

                  Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

                  Summer (and all my other PPers!!!)

                   

                  It's official!  Resort Credits extension is on the website.

                   

                  $1500
                  RESORT CREDIT

                  Booking Dates:
                  Through October 31, 2011
                  Traveling Dates:
                  Through December 23, 2012


                   

                  Originally Posted by SummerDawn 



                  Okay awesome. My TA confirmed it for me too and then I heard from someone else that Palace resorts hasn't confirmed it so I got a little scared. I have told all my guests that they will get it so I didnt want to be a liar. It will all work out :) Thanks!!



                   



                   


                  Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

                  #109 RMBride2B

                  RMBride2B
                  • Newbie
                  • 126 posts

                    Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:56 AM


                    Thanks Perry!! He said he would look at the rates again. So, I'm gonna give him one more shot before I am forced to make a switch.
                     

                    Originally Posted by perry1217 

                    RM, I pm'd you with Teresa's info!!!  And we are able to release rooms on our room block up until 60 days beforehand with no penalty - so I will be lying to my guests and telling them they need to book at least 90 days before or rooms are getting released!
                     



                     



                     



                    #110 Andi

                    Andi

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

                      Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

                      Hello Playacar Palace brides!!

                       

                      I am old married BDW'er but still come around here every now and again because I love seeing all of the most recent DW pics and such, plus this site was a life saver when planning my wedding.  Anyway my husband and I just booked our anniversary/vacation trip for the end of april and we are going to be staying at Playacar Palace! We love the palace resorts are excited to stay for the first time at this one!

                       

                      I thought I would pop in here now and see if anyone wanted me to check anything out at the resort and/or needed pics of anything, rooms, beach, pool, etc. etc.

                      I am sure you have seen all the pics you need but if there is something you want me to scope out for you guys let me know!

                       

                      Also, we will be arriving at the Cozumel airport and will be taking the ferry across to Playa del Carmen so if anyone needs info on that I would be happy to share!

                       

                      Let me know! happy planning!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users