perry1217

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

I'm really freaking out now!!! My wedding is May 27th, 2012 and I will have the 75 nights booked by my wedding group. I had planned on bringing my own decorations, but Wilma just told me that the set-up fee for the ceremony would be $100. I only have small things for the isle chairs and a fan and bubbles for each seat. Also, she says it will be $100 per table to set up the few things I have for the reception tables. They keep coming up with all kinds of expenses that we hadn't planned for at all. If you are only at the stage of considering a wedding a PP, beware! Nothing is complimentary, even if you bring them a ton of business with your guests.

Past brides - did you pay these fees for you wedding events there?

Wow... I know this is an older post, but my goodness your pictures are stunning!  

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 View Post

Love that look of the crisp white ethereal curtains against the sea...beautiful! If you're looking for some more photos, here's a Del Sol slideshow where you can see some different areas as well! http://www.delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=396. Happy Planning!

Reesespieces,

My wedding will be August 3,2012 and the email that Wilma sent me back in October 2011 said that it is $65.00 per event. However dont know if prices went up this year. I'd be more than happy to share my email with you.

Thank you

That would be awesome!! Can you forward the email from Wilma to Reese_orraca@yahoo.com? My contract was signed last May and after going through several other wedding representatives, I got in touch with Wilma in November 2011. I just noticed you are in Houston! What part do you live? I grew up in the Humble/Kingwood area and moved to Denver a few years ago. :)

I'm reading through all of the posts and I may forget to ask this question once I'm completely done.  Anyhow, Sharky00, did they charge you to setup all of your own decorations?  Somewhere earlier I read something about $100 per table to setup with decorations that we bring from home.  If that's the case, then I might be tempted to not hassle with it and just go with the Cowie tables at $300 per table.  

Originally Posted by Sharky00 View Post

Lola,

Send me an email and I'll try to dig up the Diamond Collection. I had the same package. I was able to do the package and pick my colors. So instead of white chuppahs and silver sashes like stated in the Diamond collect, they let me do the ruby red chuupahs with ruby sashes. So, I'd think they'd let you change. I paid my Diamond Collection with my room credits since we were staying for so long. If it were coming out of my own pocket I think I'd go with the comp. package and add to it. Also, Wilma the wedding coordinator is AMAZING. We brought down all our own stuff for the reception. Candy Buffet, table runners, center peices, maracas, name placards, ect. We brought probably 4 totes to her for the reception. We had someone point her in the right directions with instructions on the items and she set it all up. It looked amazing. Of course we tipped her well at the end. For not much contact it really was a breeze! We had 27 people.

Ginta14,

I'll get back to you on the florist. They were super cheap!

Shannon 

Reesespieces,

My wedding will be August 3,2012 and the email that Wilma sent me back in October 2011 said that it is $65.00 per event. However dont know if prices went up this year. I'd be more than happy to share my email with you.

Thank you

hi! double check with Wilma! I'm getting some serious pushback regarding prices! I signed November 2011 and they are charging the higher set up fees. can I bother you to email me that quote as well? Yuneeda@rogers.com All I want is chair sashes :eek:

Wilma had to "talk to her boss" and she finally got back to me and said that because I started communication with her in Nov 2011 and my parents are Palace Premiere members, she would give me the $100 per event setup fee, instead of $100 per table. She also said my sisters could do it instead too. So, I am only having her setup the reception only. My sisters will help with the few things I have for the welcome dinner and ceremony. If you are planning on bringing your own decorations, I would email her now and start negotiating the rate, or at least make sure that you or your bridal party can set things up yourself. Get it in writing!