Jump to content
perry1217

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone and congratulations! We have booked our wedding for Saturday, 4/28/12 and we are so excited!  Sounds like I'm the only one getting a package...eek. I'm doing the diamond package because it included other things such as the soloist, the DVD, the dinner reservations for 35 guests...etc. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

 

I've diligently read everyone's posts and still have a couple of questions. My plan was to have a welcome cocktail reception for our guests on Friday evening. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we should have this? Also, I was thinking of bringing my portable JVC speaker, which actually sounds quite good, and hooking up my Ipod to play music during the cocktail hour. Does anyone know if this is allowed and if I would be charged for an extension cord if needed? I was also wanting to put welcome bags together when I got there and I was wondering if they allowed you to have things shipped (i.e., favors) directly to them because I don't want to lug all that stuff with me on the plane. I'm definately going to look into the Flores  Riviera Maya for the bridesmaid bouquets...thanks! Also, as someone posted earlier we received our rates from our TA and expedia's rates are $200 to $400 cheaper, so I'm definately sending her an email cc'd to the Florida office as well! I guess that's it for now! Thanks again to everyone, Congratulations, and Happy Planning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! 

 

So, I've been trying to think about different options for the centerpieces. I'm starting to think I want some candles incorporated.  Will they stay lit if we're having our reception on one of the Solariums? Or will they keep blowing out from the wind? Also, what is everyone else on here doing or did for your centerpieces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all Congrats and Welcome!!!

 

I was wondering the same about where to have a welcome cocktail reception. I think the beach (I think this is an additional $6/pp though) or south solarium would be great locations. However, if I don't end up getting 75 room nights booked, I may probably just say somewhere on the itenerary to meet at one of the bars for a meet and greet or something like that. 

 

As far as the favors, etc goes... I'm gonna end up lugging my stuff down. I think most of the resorts now will not let you ship your stuff directly to them anymore. I'm not sure if you were planning on bringing your gifts for your wedding party down there with you, but if you are... my fiance came up with the idea of just giving our wedding party their gifts either at the wedding shower or the night of our joint bachelor/bachlorette party. I liked the idea because it would mean less stuff to lug, but I still like the tradition of giving their gifts at the rehearsal dinner... so we'll see.

 

Also, another good florist I've been reading about is Maya Diseno. I plan on sending a picture of what I want our bouquets to look like, then see who gives me the best deal for them. But, both of them I've heard are great :)

 

Last but not least regarding your TA... I definitely would also look at what other TA's are offering (so you can compare to see if you're getting a good/fair deal). I originally went with 'All About Honeymoons and Destination Weddings' and I am SOOOO glad I switched. Jack was SOOO much slower to respond and when he did he lacked thoroughness and only left me with even more questions and once I left him for Teresa (sounds funny hehe) I found he was trying to charge us $320 more than what the resort requires!! Right now I have Teresa Stauring with 'Vacations for Less'. She seems to be a popular choice when it comes to TA's (she IS really amazing). She responds fast and thoroughly and will get you great deals. I love her :)

 

Hope this helps :)

 

Originally Posted by ChaznMarisa View Post

Hello everyone and congratulations! We have booked our wedding for Saturday, 4/28/12 and we are so excited!  Sounds like I'm the only one getting a package...eek. I'm doing the diamond package because it included other things such as the soloist, the DVD, the dinner reservations for 35 guests...etc. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

 

I've diligently read everyone's posts and still have a couple of questions. My plan was to have a welcome cocktail reception for our guests on Friday evening. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we should have this? Also, I was thinking of bringing my portable JVC speaker, which actually sounds quite good, and hooking up my Ipod to play music during the cocktail hour. Does anyone know if this is allowed and if I would be charged for an extension cord if needed? I was also wanting to put welcome bags together when I got there and I was wondering if they allowed you to have things shipped (i.e., favors) directly to them because I don't want to lug all that stuff with me on the plane. I'm definately going to look into the Flores  Riviera Maya for the bridesmaid bouquets...thanks! Also, as someone posted earlier we received our rates from our TA and expedia's rates are $200 to $400 cheaper, so I'm definately sending her an email cc'd to the Florida office as well! I guess that's it for now! Thanks again to everyone, Congratulations, and Happy Planning!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have pictures they could email me (shannonguitard@hotmail.com) for the function/event areas. Maybe you have pictures from a wedding you had there. Example: Beach, N. Solarium, S. Solarium, ect....

 

Also, for those that bought the wedding package does this include decorations for the reception? Or is that a seperate cost?

 

Any hints,suggestions or help is greatly welcomed!

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by RMBride2B View Post

 

Hey all! 

 

So, I've been trying to think about different options for the centerpieces. I'm starting to think I want some candles incorporated.  Will they stay lit if we're having our reception on one of the Solariums? Or will they keep blowing out from the wind? Also, what is everyone else on here doing or did for your centerpieces?

 

My receiption was in the solarium, and some stayed lit and others didn't. It really depends on the weather.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Girls,

 

I had my cocktail on the Cielo Terrace, it was great, they set up a bar and some cocktail tables with the buffet (just appitizers) in the center, there are comfy outdoor couches and it was perfect.

 

The resort does not allow you to ship.  I brought everything down there a couple of months before the wedding, bc you are all right, btw dresses, suits, luggage etc. it is way too much, and the airlies are charging a ton these days...

 

FOr the girls flowers, I think I posted here someplace, but if you stay w the resort, I chose the "tossing bouquet" for them and it was perfect!!  My center piece flowers, I got from a "hole in the wall" florist across from Walmart on the back end...I think I paif around $70.00 for 80 CallaLillies.
 

Originally Posted by RMBride2B View Post

First of all Congrats and Welcome!!!

 

I was wondering the same about where to have a welcome cocktail reception. I think the beach (I think this is an additional $6/pp though) or south solarium would be great locations. However, if I don't end up getting 75 room nights booked, I may probably just say somewhere on the itenerary to meet at one of the bars for a meet and greet or something like that. 

 

As far as the favors, etc goes... I'm gonna end up lugging my stuff down. I think most of the resorts now will not let you ship your stuff directly to them anymore. I'm not sure if you were planning on bringing your gifts for your wedding party down there with you, but if you are... my fiance came up with the idea of just giving our wedding party their gifts either at the wedding shower or the night of our joint bachelor/bachlorette party. I liked the idea because it would mean less stuff to lug, but I still like the tradition of giving their gifts at the rehearsal dinner... so we'll see.

 

Also, another good florist I've been reading about is Maya Diseno. I plan on sending a picture of what I want our bouquets to look like, then see who gives me the best deal for them. But, both of them I've heard are great :)

 

Last but not least regarding your TA... I definitely would also look at what other TA's are offering (so you can compare to see if you're getting a good/fair deal). I originally went with 'All About Honeymoons and Destination Weddings' and I am SOOOO glad I switched. Jack was SOOO much slower to respond and when he did he lacked thoroughness and only left me with even more questions and once I left him for Teresa (sounds funny hehe) I found he was trying to charge us $320 more than what the resort requires!! Right now I have Teresa Stauring with 'Vacations for Less'. She seems to be a popular choice when it comes to TA's (she IS really amazing). She responds fast and thoroughly and will get you great deals. I love her :)

 

Hope this helps :)

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Perry 1217,

 

I am trying to upload the attachments you put online but i cant access them. Argh! 

 

Can you be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super kind and email them to me when you get a chance. :) 

 

Pleeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasee! :)

 

tsanjideh@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×