2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

NovBride:

I love, love your pics so far! The wedding terrace looks beautiful. Was it windy at all? We are hoping to do something similar to you guys as far as the guys' attire - khakis and white shirts, and my fiance will be wearing a sports jacket. Where did you have everyone get their pants so they are all matching? Did they just wear regular white shirts, or lighter linen shirts? I feel like the guys' outfits are going to be the hardest part! :) 

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you message or email me (smspringer13 (at) yahoo.com ) a contact for your wedding coordinator? 

Thanks so much! :) 

Originally Posted by novbride View Post

The link below is to see some of the pictures.  Please keep in mind, these are copyrighted pictures.  I love our photographer and don't want to break the rules, so please don't reuse these in any way.  These are the only ones we have so far, but they do a good job showing the colors and beauty of the wedding terrace.

https://picasaweb.google.com/tiffanyscally/WeddingPicsByAmy?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjCgY_Xkcrz7wE&feat=email#

Also - I forgot to add this above.  Tipping is not required, but the service is so great, they deserve it.  We took $100 in $1 bills and $100 in $5 bills with us to tip.  (I knew to take small bills, because my sister got married at Vallarta Palace and I ran out of small bills on the first day.)  I wish we would have taken $300.  We ran out towards the end and had to use the ATM.  We were there 9 days.

If you want to take really great pictures on 5th Ave, also be prepared to tip.  The guy in the 6th picture expects tips - we have him a $5 because we took lots of pictures with him.  In the 5th picture, I asked the little boys if I could jump on their trampoline and they said no!  I asked nicely, said por favor and offered them a couple bucks and they let us :)  We also went to a bar with swings and tipped the bartender for letting our wedding party pose on his swings, even though we didn't buy a drink.  We tipped the band more because we took a ton of pictures with them with our wedding party and just as a couple.

Brides planning on buying an iPod docking station:

My FI and I went to look at some Bose portable systems at Best Buy yesterday. My FI is kind of a technology snob and decided the sound quality on their higher end (reg. $399) Bose portable system was significantly better than the lower end portable system (reg. $299), so we decided that it was worth the $100 for the sound quality difference. While I'm all for quality, I'm always on the hunt for the best deal. So, I decided to see if we could luckily catch a "Black Friday" deal on it. Amazon has it on sale for $349.99 with free shipping and I thought that was a pretty good saving. However, I did some more digging and found it in Target's 4-day, pre T-day deals by "adding it to my cart" for only $249.99! We snatched one up.

Here is the link if you're interested too: 

http://www.target.com/p/Bose-SoundDock-Portable-Digital-Music-System-Black-43085/-/A-10663624

The headphone jack should make it compatible with non-iPod, iPad, etc. devices as well.

Happy Black Friday Shopping!

Thank you!!!

I'm having stress and you,  yet again, put my mind at ease.  We are in the process of choosing a photographer now.  Of course, my fiance is an amazing photographer, but he will be otherwise occupied that day.  He is in charge of it as he is super picky about composition etc.. of our shots. :)

I love Del Sol, but too expensive for us, so we are on the hunt.  We may use Sol and matt for TTD in 2013 as a first anniversary gift to ourselves.

I suppose my next stress is confirming locations for coctail hour and reception dinner.  No one has answered me, but my TA was there last week and she returns today.  She did a site visit and hopefully at this point i will be able to get something confirmed... My main issue is I have 40 people booked so far and we are still 11 months to go...  I will drown someone in the ocean if I am unable to have my cocktail hour and/or reception EXACTLY where i want it.

Sorry yunric - just saw your message!

You are very welcome.  I hope my post helps everyone relax and feel good about choosing Playacar.  I was really nervous because my sister's wedding at Vallarta Palace was so amazing and I felt like she set the bar so high!  We are only a year apart and are friends with the same group, so our friends went to both resorts!

As far as the photographer - ours was our "guest."  Since you aren't allowed to hire outside photographers, your photographer either has to buy a day pass or stay at the resort.  Our photographer happens to have a sister-in-law that is also a photographer, so they both came!  One stayed at the resort, one stayed at another hotel and paid for the $88 guest pass.  

The hotel never once questioned any of it.  And they had to know that both women were photographers because they had backpacks full of camera equipment.

I fell in love with a local photographers work and contacted her about doing our reception.  We talked for a long time and she mentioned that she would love to go to Mexico.  I was dying for her to come with but I couldn't afford it!  So, I figured out what I could cut from my budget and gave her the max amount I could afford to spend (including the cost of flight and hotel.)  She was willing to take a much lower amount because she also wanted to go to Mexico and wanted the photographs to use on her website, blog at wedding fairs, etc.   

Don't skimp on photography!  After the wedding is over - the photography is one of the only things you get to keep!  My sister did and totally regrets it.  I cut out the wedding cake for the reception - my uncle is a chef and volunteered to make cupcakes.  I'm using very cheap centerpieces.  Dollar Tree has nice clear, round vases for $1 each.  I have 26 tables and I'm spending less than $100 on centerpieces.  We are borrowing sand from the golf course by our house for the vases and putting candles and shells in. We will take the sand back!  We didn't hire a florist.   We are just doing a beach themed centerpiece.  I might stop by Trader Joe's the morning of the reception and buy some cheap flowers if I feel like it.

I looked at Sol photography.  They do amazing work, but their packages start at $3200 for 3 hours.  Our photographer did ours for just a tad more than Sol, but she was there for the rehearsal dinner, 12 hours on the wedding day, took photos of each couple as our thank you present and set up a "photobooth" area at the reception so the guests could get their pictures taken with sombreros, panchos, maracas, etc. That also included our engagement pictures and 5 hours at the reception at home.

I really recommend hiring the photographer you love.  Anyone can buy a nice, expensive camera - but the pictures won't compare that the work of an experienced photographer.

I got a few more shots from our photographer.  She took thousands of pictures, so I won't post them all as I get them, but I will continue to post pictures that relate to the questions everyone is asking.  She has not given me any of the Cielo Bar yet, but I will post those when I get them.  I posted a few notes about where I ordered items from and how much they cost.  There are some really easy ways to save and decorations are one of them!

https://picasaweb.google.com/tiffanyscally/PhotosForBDWAndAAH?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3Kv8OCqK7NnwE&feat=email

Just another reminder - please don't reproduce these in any way.  They are copyrighted.  I love my photographer and don't want to break rules.

GREAT photos! I loved how they turned out. Your colors are beautiful and really pop against the white. Perfect. :) Who did you use for your photographer? We are using Derek and Lorena from Photos in Cancun - has anyone used them before?

I love the Villa Suite! Was this overlooking the beach/ocean? It looks like surrounded by glass windows? Beautiful. We are planning on the North Solarium, but this might be a really good option too....

I got a few more shots from our photographer.  She took thousands of pictures, so I won't post them all as I get them, but I will continue to post pictures that relate to the questions everyone is asking.  She has not given me any of the Cielo Bar yet, but I will post those when I get them.  I posted a few notes about where I ordered items from and how much they cost.  There are some really easy ways to save and decorations are one of them!

https://picasaweb.google.com/tiffanyscally/PhotosForBDWAndAAH?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3Kv8OCqK7NnwE&feat=email

Just another reminder - please don't reproduce these in any way.  They are copyrighted.  I love my photographer and don't want to break rules.

Hi Novbride,

Thank you so much for posting those pics.  They look amazing!  I want the turquoise colors too but I am rethinking the organza after looking at yours!  I have already purchased it but it looks like your sahes are way more vivid.  What material was it?  I ordered from the same company but I like yours better.  Were they satin?  Or that taffetta crinkle or L'amour sashes?   Better yet are you selling them?  I would love to buy them!  Let me know as it is the exact color I want!

Also, does the villa suite have a/c and do they allow dancing until late????  Not sure if you can answer all those questions but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

I have the same questions!  Also- do you guys know which bars are open late on the resort to accomodate my guests?  I have a bunch of night owls...

Originally Posted by Lola2012 View Post

Hi Novbride,

Thank you so much for posting those pics.  They look amazing!  I want the turquoise colors too but I am rethinking the organza after looking at yours!  I have already purchased it but it looks like your sahes are way more vivid.  What material was it?  I ordered from the same company but I like yours better.  Were they satin?  Or that taffetta crinkle or L'amour sashes?   Better yet are you selling them?  I would love to buy them!  Let me know as it is the exact color I want!

Also, does the villa suite have a/c and do they allow dancing until late????  Not sure if you can answer all those questions but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone who gas been married could shed light on the make- up ANC hair situation at our resort. I know that there is a Mac in Playa del Carmen, but it might be too hot to venture out on my wedding day. I would ideally like to use the hair and makeup peeps at the hotel just so I can chill out and stay cool in the a/c but I want to make sure that they are good ! If anyone has had first hand experience with this it would be great to know. Thanks!