2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

Originally Posted by smspringer13 View Post

Congrats on all of your upcoming weddings! Where are you girls having your ceremonies? We wanted to do the Terrace but there are very limited pictures on this location... would any of you mind posting some pictures if you have them, or taking them when you are there? :) It would definitely help with our decision!

I am sure that I posted pictures already some where in either this post or 2009-2010 playacar palace brides, but here is a picture of the terrace113.JPG

Thanks Tanya, I hadn't seen this picture from you before on any of the forums - so glad to see it! The new pictures they have sent me from the Playacar Palace don't show much - but in the pictures they sent me the roof didn't look thatched like this, it was a white roof. I wonder if they've changed it? Also...it seems kind of dark. Has anyone had pictures taken here for their ceremony...? I am a little worried about the amount of light coming in and getting good pics for during the ceremony!

Thanks again for the picture!

Originally Posted by sharkyak View Post

If anybody need pics or specific questions about the resort let me know. I can try to help once I am on site. I'll be onsite on October 30th-November 22nd, with my wedding on November 12th. So, let me know what I can do to help :)

Hello Sharkyak,

Are yo able to see or just ask the size of the safety deposit box- we want to bring down our small BOSE system so we can play our ipod,m but I am not sure if it will fit width wise in the safe.

Sorry, I know it's kinda random but it would be nice to know if this is a possibility!

Thanks!!!

Lola-

We'll be there on the 30th of October. I can check it out then. We're spending a week at another resort prior. If it's like any other safety deposit box I dont see why it wouldnt fit, but I'll check it out :) Even if not in the safe I doubt anybody would mess with it.

Also, just notified that they do have rectangular tables. Waiting on demensions...

Woohoo! Just got our contract (finally!) for the new ceremony time for 5pm on April 29, 2012! Very, very excited! Janina from the Miami office and Wilma the on-site coordinator have been REALLY helpful. I was getting nervous about the communication back and forth (as I'm sure everyone is!) but it is all going smoothly so far. Now I just have to work on getting the "outside vendor" guest pass stuff in writing...  

Anyone going to the Playacar Palace soon... I would really, really appreciate more photos of the wedding terrace! The actual terrace and where you would be walking up from, etc:) It is really hard to vision without getting a full look at it. Is anyone else planning on getting married on the terrace?

Hope everyone's wedding planning is coming along well :) 

Smspringer- l'll be there on the 30th and will try to get you some pictures. I am having outside vendors for our reception.  Also, if you bring in a DJ they dont tell you until the end that they will charge you a $250 resort fee for electricity. I am also bringing in a hair stylist and maek-up artist for the wedding day. I was able to get them to waive the day passes on these people which makes up for the electricity charge.

Communication back and fourth is slow,but no worries. Between this forum and doing research you can usually figure out your answers. The contact picks up mostly 30 days from the wedding date. They've done thousands of weddings and there are so many reviews other than lack of contact I havent read any bad reviews. They know what their doing :)

Thanks Sharky! And thanks for the heads up on the $250 fee - what is all of that about - it is the resort charging you? Eek. I am having 2 DJ's as well as 2 photographers come from outside...who did you talk to/how did you wheel and deal them to waive the $88/pp guest pass fees? I will definitely have to look into that ! 

Good luck on your wedding - I know it will be great, can't wait to see pictures! :) 

I am sooo excited too!! Just confirmed my wedding for May 11, 2012!  I got them to put in the contract that it's okay for me to bring in my own dj and photographer.  I didn't know about the extra "electricity fee" ...what a crock!  Oh well, I will have to see later about that!

I am just excited to bring in my own.

By the way, thought you 2012 brides should know that I talked to a supervisor today in the Miami office and she said that they are bringing in some new wedding collections!!!!  I am really excited because she mentioned that turquoise would be one of the colours featured!  I actually already bought a bunch of decorations that I was going to add in to the diamond package but oh well.  I am so excited to see what that is going to look like.  It won't come out for another few months apparently. 

Just thought I would let all the ladies in on it!  She said you can switch later if we want.

Congrats Lola! It is very exciting :) Did one of the Miami people put this in your contract or an on-site coordinator? I want to make sure this gets in mine as well! And interesting that they will be having new packages - I guess I will have to wait and see what they do. I am planning on Navy with lots of brights like pink, orange, green.. so I was going with the complimentary package and then bringing my own decor. 

Thanks for the update!