Photo

Real flowers vs. Not

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#11 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:48 AM

The last time I attend the wedding of a friend, she has been using some fake flowers for the decoration. They looked stunning and beautiful as if they real but when you take a look at them closely, you will know that they not the real ones.

#12 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
    • 1,541 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

I think it all depends on how much they mean to you and how much you really want a certain flower.  Flowers are important to me, but have the certain ones in the certain color, was more important.  I would only do real for myself...but for the three girls in the wedding party, I wanted certain flowers, so I got what I wanted!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#13 ErinDoc

ErinDoc
      • 68 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

I am torn between real and "real touch" b/c of price and because of traveling with them.  I don't want to have too much that I am shipping or traveling with b/c that just seems like too much to worry about...and I'm doing a DW b/c of the 'less stress' factor.  For those not using real, are you flying with them?

Erin & Bryan ~ 11.6.11 ~ IRHS, Jamaica

50 booked!!! .

#14 ryan190

ryan190
        • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

I am debating too.   I like the idea of taking silk flowers back home with me and making a box or album with the actual flowers we used in the wedding.    With the real flowers, I can still preserve a few between the pages of an album but they won't look like the way they were.  

#15 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
          • 899 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

I bought fake flowers and while I think they are gorgeous, I am not looking forward to transporting them, along with all the OOT bag stuff to Mexico with me.  :(

#16 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
            • 718 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

I bought fake flowers and while I think they are gorgeous, I am not looking forward to transporting them, along with all the OOT bag stuff to Mexico with me.  :(

But why? You should transport them also. 

#17 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:36 AM

I'm have made real touch bouquets and will make each girl transport their own. I also plan on spreading a lot of stuff amongst them to bring along, other decor etc.

#18 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
                • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

I'm have made real touch bouquets and will make each girl transport their own. I also plan on spreading a lot of stuff amongst them to bring along, other decor etc.

This is what I will be doing with the bouquets I make for each girl in the wedding party.  I too plan to spread some stuff out with others traveling and have the room, so I don't have to pay the extra in luggage when someone else is going to have extra, unused space.

Married the love of my life in April!!

#19 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
                  • 109 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

I ordered real touch from wedideas.com also. Mine will be arriving soon! They were great to work with and offer many options to fit your style and budget. They sent me pics which I love but I am nervous about how they will look in person. I am hoping everyone is right about them looking real because I do not want to be walking down the aisle with fake looking flowers ugh.

#20 knottoworry

knottoworry
                    • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

I also make silk real touch bouquets!  You shouldn't have any worries about them looking fake.  I'm sure they will look fantastic.

For packing your bouquets - very simple - the bouquets are crushable (or mine are) - you might have to just fluff them up a bit - but over all you will be able to bring back your bouquets.

I'm heard stories from brides - that they thought they could bring back their bouquet from a carribean destination wedding - and because the flowers are tropical they have to stay!  It can be very upsetting to some people!

Just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in!

Terry

Knot to Worry Bouquetshttp://www.knottoworry.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users