Sign in to follow this  
leslioni

January 2012 Bride!!!!! JAMAICA!!!

Just starting to plan my DW in Jamaica. I have always pictured walking down the isle on top of white sand with crystal clear blue water in the background. Just can't wait to get started!!!

Any suggestions on Resorts that meet this criteria:

- Turquoise water/white sand (for wedding pics)

-$1400-1700

-4+ Star

I have been really looking into Riu Negril, Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

welcome and congratulations.  I am getting married at Couples Sans Souci in Ocho Rios, but its expensive. Just search the forums and you will come up with tons of information. Have fun planning

I got a list of all the resorts in jamaica from our travel agent.  I then took that list and narrowed it down, crossed off the ones that were lower then four star, crosses off ones that are adult only (we have kids coming) and then started looking on resort websites to finally narrow it down.  Once we narrowed it down to about five or six resorts we went back to our travel agent and she found us approximate prices and which ones she would recommend. Hope that helps.

I've stayed at the Grand Palladium (Lady Hamilton)...and the rooms are great if you get the suite. Otherwise, it's not worth the money.

And the little bit of sand that they do have is very rocky.

Hey there! 

I am getting married one year exactly today! And we have the Riu Ocho Rios booked. I picked this because it is kid friendly and my bro was married at the Riu Palace in Dominican so I am hoping that the quality will cross over. I think there will be positives and negatives to any place you choose, as long as you don't stress too much about timing (I have a feeling they are very laid back in Jamaica - lol) you should be fine. Surround yourself with good company and everyone will be happy.

Let me know how things go! Maybe we will cross paths!

Kelly

I have been to the Riu Ocho Rios 2 times and absolutely loved it. The only thing that is stopping me from getting married there is that we really want to try out Negril.

Most of the rooms there are ocean view.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

Welcome and congrats! I'm getting married next January in Jamaica too! I'm having my wedding at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach on January 18th. I looked at all the places you are looking at now and I think they all looked nice! Iberostar got the best ratings from what i saw and i like that there are the three options of resorts, the Beach Resort, Suites, and the Grand.

I seriously considered the Grand Palladium but I didn't like how massive the resort is, you have to take golf carts to get around, and that they don't have as nice of beaches.

If you really want to have amazing beaches, water, and sunsets I would check out the Riu Negril. To be quite honest I really wanted to have our wedding in Negril but there will be kids coming and the only resorts in Negril that allow kids are Beaches and Riu Negril.  Negril is gorgeous and has better beaches just fewer options in resorts, we're going to Couples Swept Away in Negril for our honeymoon :)

Good luck deciding! Tripadvisor.com is a great website for resort reviews

Congrats brides! I know it can be hard planning a wedding here is a little help to ease the stress. If you need help with dressing the female members of the bridal party try my store Quoture by Isabella! We offer wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses and accessories for rental and sale and all our dresses are new inventory from the Fall 2011 Bridal Trunk Show! Visit my fanpage on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quoture-by-Isabella/123455497725230

Best wishes!