Photo

Sandals Brides-----Roll call

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#51 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

Tenny, do they tell you what type of room you're upgraded to, or does that just happen when you get to the resort?

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#52 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

No, she didn't tell me.  But I will ask the next time I contact her.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#53 futuremrswalls

futuremrswalls
      • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

My husband and I just were married at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios on December 1, 2010.  It was an incredible experience.  We were married at the Reef Terrace Gazebo which had the best of both worlds, Jamaicas gardens and the ocean.  Don't overstress yourself about planning.  They really do take care of everything for you.  We did the beautiful beginnings theme and it turned out gorgeous.  We did not however go with the photographers on site and brought our own with us from back home.  If you have not considered this, I would highly recommend it.  We saw a couple other brides books later in the trip and they all looked the same, very few picutres, and were quite expensive.  I will warn you that the food that we had at the 30 minute cocktail reception was horrible.  I've heard the dinner itself is wonderful, but we had a large group (19 people) and just went to one of the restaurants.  Normally they do not accomondate large parties, but with a majority of us having butlers it was much easier.  It was a gorgeous resort and they are currently doing a lot of renovations to improve.  I hope you have a wonderful time.  And remember, relax!!!!

Kim 

#54 futuremrswalls

futuremrswalls
        • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

We went through a really neat site.  I'm posting the link to their beaches themed weddings.  We chose the underwater reef and glued sanddollars to them.  Everybody loved them!  We also ordered matching stamps and thank you cards.  http://designsbyleni...nvitations.html 

#55 melodygayle

melodygayle
          • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

Kim,  thank you so much for the feedback!  We are also concerned about the photography so hopefully, we'll have another option as well.  

#56 daughterbritt

daughterbritt
            • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

My daughter wedding is Oct. 1st 2011 We haven't booked a resort yet can ya'll please tell me if you could do it all over what you would do and where?

#57 klin

klin
              • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Hi! I am also planning to get married in Negril this summer... we haven't booked yet- and we're 99.9% sure that's our spot- but, wow... is it nerve racking or WHAT? So afraid of making the wrong choice.  We are looking at July 15 or 22... What was your deciding point on this particular resort? 

#58 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

I grew up in Jamaica and I love Sandals they are one of the BEST...you can't really go wrong with any of there locations.

#59 futuremrswalls

futuremrswalls
                  • 77 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

We would not change a thing we did.  The thing I liked about Ocho Rios is that it was so large.  We were able to have private time when we wanted and be with the group easily also.  The only bad thing is the distance from the airport.  It does take about two hours to get there.  The good thing about that though is so many of the sites etc of Jamaica are just outside of Ocho Rios so it didn't take all day to do excursions.  We are going to Royal Caribbean this year for our honeymoon.  It is much more intimate of a resort (per brides and TA's on the facebook site).  FYI, many of the resorts have the stay at one, play at the others (St Lucia, Montego bay) so your guests could stay at any of the resorts and travel between them for free.  We just wanted everyone at one resort.   

#60 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Would you be able to send us pics of your wedding?

Originally Posted by futuremrswalls 

We would not change a thing we did.  The thing I liked about Ocho Rios is that it was so large.  We were able to have private time when we wanted and be with the group easily also.  The only bad thing is the distance from the airport.  It does take about two hours to get there.  The good thing about that though is so many of the sites etc of Jamaica are just outside of Ocho Rios so it didn't take all day to do excursions.  We are going to Royal Caribbean this year for our honeymoon.  It is much more intimate of a resort (per brides and TA's on the facebook site).  FYI, many of the resorts have the stay at one, play at the others (St Lucia, Montego bay) so your guests could stay at any of the resorts and travel between them for free.  We just wanted everyone at one resort.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users