Photo

Birthday's while away for wedding

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lindslou

Lindslou
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

I couldn't find a previous thread about this and didn't know where to start one, so here it goes.

I have one of my BM and MIL with birthdays durning the week we are away for our wedding.  We are actually getting married on MIL birthday.  I want to do something for them but not sure what or when.  BM day is the day after we arrive and then MIL is 2 days after that. 

Help or if you have any suggestions, please pass them on

Thanks!!!

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#2 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
    • 87 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

I also have a few close friends whose birthday are the day after the wedding. I hope someone can give us some suggestions. Since our wedding is in Jamaica, we might just go to the famous Rick Cafe for the birthdays.

#3 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
      • 296 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

I have two BMs who share the same birthday, which is also when we are away.  I am throwing them a mini surprise party during my bridesmaids' lunch the day before the wedding.  The first part will be to honor and thank all of my girls (and female family members) for supporting and helping me with the wedding.  But at the end I will turn it into a birthday party and will bring out a cake/dessert/whatever is available with candles.  I will also give them a small gift later. 

If they are bringing their families, you might consider having your photographer take five minutes to do special family shots, then buy one for their b-days as a gift.  (This is the gift that we are giving to our officiant/best friend.)  :)

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#4 acireta

acireta
        • Site Supporter
        • 750 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

cool idea about the pics.

my good friend (not a BM) will be 31 on our wedding day. i talked to her early in the process about how she felt about that and she's cool with it (she's kind of a high strung person and I wanted her to feel included and heard). I hope we can take some time that night to sing to her and celebrate. since we're doing a lunch wedding & reception, maybe we can do singing and cake for her at dinner back on the ship.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#5 Lindslou

Lindslou
          • 187 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Will definitely have to remember candles, just in case the resort doesn't have any. 

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

#6 schmizer

schmizer
            • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

One of my BM's husbands has his birthday the week we are away.  They are really excited bc they will be able to celebrate his birthday in a beautiful place.  

Since it doesn't fall directly on our wedding weekend (it's right after we arrive), I think we will just have a private dinner with the two of them that evening and pick it up and then let the guys go out and be guys afterward:)

#7 adales

adales
              • Site Supporter
              • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

We are having the same problem but with anniversaries.  We have a few friends who will be celebrating their wedding anniversaries while we are away.  And one of them is their one year anniversary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users