BDW Biggest Loser Season 11

msmarmar123

i second that.... i feel when im actually trying to lose weight i crave all bad foods and i have always had a horrible sweet tooth, i eat ice cream every night. Its like my one thing i could never give up!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Ahh, see, I frequent the gym but my eating habits bite the big one.  I really need to learn to like healthy food, not chocolate!! 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Great Job this week ladies!!!

WEEKLY RESULTS

COMPETE

Cassie (futuremissbk)   -1.27%

Charlene (Bryanandchar)  -.1.45%

Brandy (Brandy)   -1.48%

Christine (sunstarmoon)  -1.67%

Teira (teira1031)  -.84%

LeAnne (sapphire723)  -.87%

Christina (CSandC2)  -.65%

NON-COMPETE

Renee (Oryx)   Vacation

Marla (msmarmar123)  -.65%

Tisha (TLGnhci)--.32%

Congratulations Christine (sunstarmoon).  You are the Biggest Loser for week 2...

2 weeks in a row....Great Job!!!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Wow, you girls are doing great!!  Congrats to Christine. Any details on what you're doing to lose the weight?  

Wow I can't believe I am the biggest loser again this week.   I am following the diet that came with my Turbo Jam. I have cut out all diet drinks and only drink water.  went to the movies last night and only had a few handfuls of popcorn. I have a great motivator and thats my dress. I ordered it 1 size smaller, it fits everywhere but my waist there is a 3 inch difference, so for the dress to fit I have to lose 3 inches.  I really need to lose about 50 lbs overall.  Right now I am concentrating on 3 inches not the scale number.  I use to be a huge junk food eater in the evenings, I really miss this but have exchanged it with keeping myself busy.  My house has never been cleaner lol.  This week I am adding exercise!

Good luck girls we can do this!

Week 3 Article: 

Afraid dinner out will ruin your diet before you even start your entrée? These 10 dos and don'ts will help.

Some people trying to lose weight steer clear of restaurants to avoid the large portion sizes, bottomless bread baskets and all those high-calorie entries. But shunning restaurants altogether isn't a realistic approach to weight loss — and it's unnecessary.

You can eat out and lose weight. Start with this list of tips to help you navigate the menu options at your favorite fast-food joints and sit-down restaurants.

1. Set a budget
Determine how much you're willing to eat before looking at the menu. You can give yourself some leeway by scheduling some exercise on or near days you plan to eat out. Putting in gym time or going for a brisk walk will help offset a little extra eating. And remember, be flexible. You can loosen up a bit on special occasions, as long as you eat carefully most of the time. (Just don't let every day become a special occasion.)

2. Put on your game face
Decide on some guidelines before you go to a restaurant, and stick to them. For instance:

• Skip the all-inclusive (prix fixe) menu and opt for à la carte selections. Doing so might not be as economical, but you'll probably eat less.
  • Take one piece of bread, then ask your server to remove the breadbasket from the table.

3. Make special requests
You're paying good money for that meal, so you're entitled to make special requests or slight modifications. Why not say:

• Can I have that without butter? Grilled? With the sauce on the side?
  • I'd like mixed greens instead of fries with my sandwich.

4. Practice portion control
Some restaurant portions can be two, three, even four times the "normal" size — especially super-sized fast food meals. Keep your portions in check by:

• Ordering a salad as a starter and then splitting a main entrée with a friend.
  • Creating your own scaled-down meal from a couple of appetizers and/or side dishes.

5. Break down (language) barriers
If you don't know what a preparation term means, ask. In general, though, the following words translate into high-fat, high-calorie dishes:

• Au gratin, scalloped, hollandaise.
  • Parmigiana, scampi, Bolognese.

6. Downsize the super-size
Super-sized fast food meal options can be loaded with calories. Either:

• Order something small, like a basic burger. After all, the first bite tastes the same as the last.
  • Order yourself a children's meal.

7. Watch out for extras
The average burger with ketchup, lettuce and tomato isn't so bad. But one with "the works" is usually a caloric nightmare. Skip:

• Bacon, cheese and mayonnaise.
  • Double-burger patties and extra pieces of bread.

8. Don't go top heavy
Salad bars and garden salads grace menus across the country. But those extra toppings can sabotage your seemingly diet-conscious choices:

• Go light on croutons, grated cheese and bacon.
  • Opt for small amounts of low-fat or nonfat dressings on the side.

9. Don't drink away your progress
A drink with dinner is fine, but too many margaritas may wreak havoc on your dieting resolve. Keep your appetite under control by:

• Alternating alcoholic beverages with noncaloric sodas or sparkling water.
  • Not drinking alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach.

10. Resign from the "clean plate club"
You paid for it so you have to eat it, right? Wrong. Just think of the health and emotional costs of those extra calories on your body. Downsize by:

• Eating half the meal and doggie-bagging the rest.
  • Pushing your plate away when you're full.

And remember to eat slowly. It takes 20 minutes for your body to recognize that it's full.