Photo

Riu Paradise Island Bahamas is amazing!!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 loua4

loua4
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

Hey Ladies,

This isnt quite a review yet. I will post one soon. But I did want to put up here some thoughts.

My "husband" (!!!!! so cool to put!!!!) and I just came home from The Bahamas Nov 28th. We stayed at the Riu on Paradise Island. Wow! It was so nice. Dont take to heart what people have said on Trip Advisor. It is super clean, the staff is really friendly and go out of their way to do things for the guests, the food is soooo good! and the rooms are fantastic. We had a wonderful week there and are planning to go back just the 2 of us in 2011 sometime.

So those of you just thinking about it... but not to sure, you should try it. They are wonderful and the wedding planner Debbie is awesome too.

I will post a whole review/planning thread soon. Just waiting for my photos....

#2 Cindy15

Cindy15
    • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad to hear everything went great!! :D

I'm getting married there next year (june 1, 2011). I'm even more excited now that I read your post!

Can't wait to read your reviews!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

#3 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
      • 923 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Glad to hear it was amazing! Can't wait for your pics & review! :)

#4 MrsJones2Be

MrsJones2Be
        • 311 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:36 PM

Congrats and can't wait for pics!

MRS JONES 2 BE!

#5 express2123

express2123
          • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hello, CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING!!! I am getting married at the Riu paradise in the bahamas in July 2011. I would like to ask you a few questions if that is okay? Did you get married on the beach or ocean view terrace? If you got married on the beach were there strangers watching and was it distracting? Did you have an arch? What flowers did you choose? What resturant did you eat at and was it good? Best club to go to and what kind of music? thank you,

Tiffani

#6 express2123

express2123
            • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hello, Congrats on the wedding!!! i am getting married at the riu in bahamas in july 2011. I have a few questions: what flowers did you use? what resturant did you eat at and did you like the food? did you get married on the beach or ocean view terrace? what is the best bar and club? thank you!!

#7 Tina486

Tina486
              • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:13 PM

Congrats on your wedding! I'm new on this website & this is my first post... I recently got engaged & we're planning our wedding in Bahamas... We stayed at Riu at Cancun & liked it a lot. So we're thinking about having a wedding in Riu at Bahama. Due to our budget, we are gonna get married during hurricane season. When is a good time to go? Is Sept to Nov okay? What package is good @ Riu? The website said "semi-private" reception. How was your reception? Any advices will be appreciated. Thanks, Tina

#8 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                • 923 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Tina -I dunno much about Riu but in sept - nov it's still warm to us...the cheapest time to there as far as plane tickets n hotel stay is mid august-mid october because mostly everything shuts down

#9 Tina486

Tina486
                  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Thank you Dominiqueamber! I'm debating between Cancun, Bahamas & Hawaii now. I'm more confused each day ;-) This is harder than I anticipated. I just want a wedding on the beach. *Sigh*

#10 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                    • 923 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Go team Bahamas! :) Or you can come to Virginia Beach where I live :)  {whispering "bahamas, bahamas, bahamas}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users