Honeymoon Registry - Yeh or Nah?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

I think we're gonna go for it! I asked my best friend for her advice (knowing she'd be brutally honest) and she said she thought it was just a tad impersonal but overall a great idea. :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

Yes, we are signed up with Honeymoon Wishes - Honeymoon Registry where your wedding gift is a Romantic Honeymoon and have already had some gifts purchased. We also set up a honeymoon account with our TA, and already have some funds in that as well.

#13 mjm160

mjm160
      • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

This might be a stupid question, but, are you having a bridal shower registry and a honeymoon registry?? Or is the honeymoon registry covering the shower?

#14 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mjm160
          This might be a stupid question, but, are you having a bridal shower registry and a honeymoon registry?? Or is the honeymoon registry covering the shower?
          Our registry covers everything. Its on our website (we also registered at Home Depot, Macys and Bed Bath & Beyond). But I know one of my bridal showers is going to be a lingerie party and another will probably be a couples "stock the bar" party ... (at least that's what I've heard through the grapevine. lol)

#15 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

We're also using TheBigDay (and Patti - lol). We're booking our week after the wedding through them, so no fees. We put it on our website, and so far the response has been good. Granted, no one has bought us anything yet, but they all seem to think its a cool idea!

#16 pouchie

pouchie
            • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kathryn99
              We would like to know if there are any others out there considering a honeymoon registry and how they are planning to spread the word. In addition to our REI registry, we are likely going to use Traveler's Joy - The World's Premier Honeymoon Registry Service or TheBigDay Honeymoon Registry and Romantic Travel Experts - The #1 honeymoon travel experts presenting the perfect wedding and bridal registry but are unsure how some of our guests will feel.

I guess the big difference between these two is that you have to book travel with thebigday.com. travelersjoy.com essentially cuts you a check after you customize your expected honeymoon activities. Any guidance would be great!

Thanks!

Kat and Rob

We were thinking about doing that as well. Our travel agent had cards that you could slip in the invitations. Just like as if you were to register at the bay or anywhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users