Photo

Honeymoon Registry - Yeh or Nah?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kathryn99

kathryn99
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

We would like to know if there are any others out there considering a honeymoon registry and how they are planning to spread the word. In addition to our REI registry, we are likely going to use Traveler's Joy - The World's Premier Honeymoon Registry Service or TheBigDay Honeymoon Registry and Romantic Travel Experts - The #1 honeymoon travel experts presenting the perfect wedding and bridal registry but are unsure how some of our guests will feel.

I guess the big difference between these two is that you have to book travel with thebigday.com. travelersjoy.com essentially cuts you a check after you customize your expected honeymoon activities. Any guidance would be great!

Thanks!

Kat and Rob

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

I am using a honeymoon registry, and was thinking the same thing today, do I just send out an email with the link, that doesn't sound very tactful...

#3 kathryn99

kathryn99
      • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

I'm not sure why those long names came out from the URL we included but we were referencing Traveler's Joy and TheBigDay. Sorry!

#4 kathryn99

kathryn99
        • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

Which one are you using?

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kathryn99
            Which one are you using?
            I had already started using my registry.com, and just added the "honeymoon fund" and then put a couple items on there

#6 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

http://bestdestinati....you-think.html

http://bestdestinati....-registry.html

these might help!
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

I think if you are going to register at all then that is a great idea :)
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

I say announce it on your website to let people know about it. Some of those take 7% of your money! That's a big cut. Myregistry.com takes about 3% (in paypal fees). It's not the same kind of set up though. You'd just have a box that says "honemoon fund" & people can contribute cash. If your hotel sells services online, you could also set that up through myregistry.com. You can put a variety of things on myregistry, so it wouldn't just be honeymoond stuff. there is a thread where we talked about myregisty on here somewhere.

#9 kathryn99

kathryn99
                  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

We checked out MyRegistry.com but it doesn't look very wedding-ish. Kind of mainstream and one purpose serves all. Traveler's Joy does have a 7.5% service fee though but we are only hoping to get $1500 so in the end it isn't that much in service fees for the convenience and elegance of the site.

Let us know how MyRegistry.com works for you and we'll let you know about TravelersJoy.com.

Best!

#10 ajncooter

ajncooter
                    • 983 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

Im using the big day and Patti is great she is also handling our wedding and guests travel... so there are no extra fees and costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users