Angie's planning thread

Planning our Riviera Maya Wedding

I guess it's more of a it's all said and done thread now! What a fun and great experience. My husband and I were married November 4, 2010 at that Gran Bahia Principe. With 17 friends and family. Perfect wedding, perfect day, awesome week.

I had alot of help with planning and organizing. My mum being the main lead on the travel arrangements, as our travel coordinator was sub-par to say the least and my amazing MOH who is the queen of paper products and DIY and I would have been completely lost without her expertise. After she had done such an amazing job on her own wedding, I knew right from the start that she would make our wedding shine. Even when she moved 1000's of miles away we were able to have constant communication about everything from invitations to centerpieces and she always kept me (well really tried to) keep me on point. We even shopped via phone and e-mail she would go into a store in the States and e-mail me pictures from her phone (I'm in Canada). I am the definition of procrastination and did end up forgetting my engagement ring (I just told people I didn't want to loose it) my hair extensions (was really sad about that) and one sandal ha ha yes just one sandal behind...didn't even make it into the case! Not to mention the cake topper (we didn't even end up using, 'cause it would have crushed the cake) that we bought a couple hours before our flight! Anyways on to the GOOD stuff!

Our Invitations - (courtesy of my amazing moh)

40880_466560417592_500817592_5199922_1443965_n.jpg

(p.s. this is not the envelope, there is an additional creme envelope that this little guy went into with our names and address printed in brown) So this is the palm leaf pocket fold in our colours (or close to Mermaid and Brown) ------ now to the inside

73429_466560377592_500817592_5199920_2758888_n.jpg

The "formal" invitation is at the top while the pocket on the bottom housed our boarding pass reply cards

33660_466560477592_500817592_5199925_793000_n.jpg

Our boarding pass reply card (some "older" relatives were confused by these, and thought they had been sent a ticket to the wedding ahahaha so use with caution with the elderly :D) I love these!

Our welcome bags

We purchased our bags at the dollar store (I know cringe) but after purchasing 2 other types of bags even though the least expensive they really were the ones I like the best. Simple and practical for a destination wedding, it was intended more as a gift bag then a beach bag, although myself and other did find it handy for quick grab and go. We made simple tags in word and had them printed and laminated. simple yet pretty. we filled the bags with wedding week survival kits, pens, mini note pad, visors, his and hers travel mugs, koosies, crossword puzzles and travel candles. (The starfish were purchased online and later used for our

name cards as well) Also included was a letter welcoming our friends and family.

155267_471677838600_507118600_5719818_7836651_n.jpg154683_471677758600_507118600_5719816_7030752_n.jpg

DIY Place Cards/Program Fans

Starfish ordered online, Ribbon purchased at Michaels and my awesome MOH printed out name cards in our wedding colour...add

The hand woven fans were ordered online (I am trying to find the website). Little metal starfish charm and ribbon purchased at Michael's. Nicole did an amazing job creating and printing the actual program. We attached the programs to the fans poolside :o) with an additional piece of ribbon. 

39609_476339487592_500817592_5371435_4227882_n.jpgprograms.bmp

namecard.bmp

Attire

My mum has always told me that I want Fillet Mignon...but can only afford cheeseburger prices. I think you shouldn't have to settle for less...just because you can't afford it LOL.  I was able to find the my perfect dress for $600.00. It had been previously enjoyed, but the fit was perfect and didn't need any alterations, YES! My shoes were purchased from David's and dye the colour mermaid. I also purchased a matching sash from David's bridal (only $15.00) to coordinate with my shoes and with Nicole. Our garter set was also purchased in coordinating colours from David's bridal.

MOH - Beautiful bridesmaid in a beautiful mermaid colour dress. We purchased the bridesmaid dress at David's bridal (we bought alot of stuff from David's :o) love David's). The shoes were also from David's a steal at $24.99 (plus only an additional 3 to get them dyed mermaid to match the dress (as well as a beautiful mermaid hair flower) great finds Nic!!!  ...so basically long story short everything coordinated and everything was mermaid and purchased at David's haha (apart from my wedding dress)

The men were pretty casual with light green toned shirts (Cept for my dad, he wore white), tan pants and sandals (not alot of effort was put into their attire I will be honest, everything purchased in the end of summer sales from Sears and tip-top tailors :o) 

154112_478985513600_507118600_5829029_864909_n.jpg74009_476339742592_500817592_5371453_4032850_n.jpg

148117_476340397592_500817592_5371500_2792519_n.jpg148159_476340057592_500817592_5371474_7953102_n.jpg

Well that covered a few key points, although I could talk about my (I mean our) destination wedding all day! :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my wedding was not a destination dress, I purchased a shorter (more comfortable) simple white dress to change into after the reception...so glad I did! I tied the sash from my wedding dress around it and presto! Not the best picture, but the only I could find with a full shot of the dress. (Want to know a secret...only $14.99 from Macy's)

149922_476340667592_500817592_5371516_2551238_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...