Just Booked Melia Caribe Tropical for Nov 2011!

Hi ladies,

I purchased these shoes the other day, any opinions? I've decided to go with flats all day long because my ceremony is on the beach and I don't want to worry about hemming my dress for different height shoes. Plus, my fiance isn't that tall, and our height difference is great when I'm in flats.

Most people won't even see these, but what do you think? (PS don't mind the blotchy feet, it's all mosquito bites!)

wedding shoes 1.JPG

wedding shoes 2.JPG

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyra,

Thanks for allowing me to steal!  LOL!  I think I will have the hairdressers at the resort do mine since I am not very good at that stuff and go get makeup lessons.  I showed my hairdresser a picture of wanted how my hair to be today and it needs to grow a lot longer for it.  Lucky me! lol!

Astef - love those shoes.  Do you mind if ask where you got them?  I was looking for flats and those are exactly what I am looking for!!

Capecodder, of course I don't mind!! I'm in Canada and I got them at Spring, but I just checked their US website and they're there too...

US Website: http://www.callitspring.com/us/women/sandals/fashion-flats/84162727-abernatha/74

Canada Website: http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/sale/women/sale-sandals/fashion-flats/84162524-abernatha/74

In Canada, the white ones are on sale and in the US, the pink ones are on sale. Weird! Good luck :)

To be hoenst I didn't love them when they arrived (I ordered them), but everyone I've showed loooves them, lol. They're not perfect (the pattern of jewels and pearls are not identical on each shoe) but no one will notice that. I'm keeping them, DONE! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Awww that's too bad! I think I'm going to return them now, haha. Just decided to make some barefoot sandals for the ceremony, so I think I will buy slight heels for the reception :) What's your size? :)

Has anyone been to the Melia before?? Are there markets or vendors around? I want to buy my favours once I get there, but I have to make sure there's some markets!!!

I'm a size 9!  What are barefoot sandals?  I've never heard of that before.  Sounds interesting!!

Yes, I've been to Melia before.  There is a market a couple minutes walk down to the beach.  All kinds of interesting things can be found there.  Also, some vendors come onto the resort a couple nights a week and set up a market there.  I am trying to remember what night it was but I can't.

Aww, I have size 7....

These are barefoot  sandals:

bridalpearlswhite.gif

You can find many different styles and colours online.... and varied prices as well. My sister made these for all the women that came to her wedding and they are easy to make but very time-consuming. I vowed never to make them again after her wedding,but alas, I started to make them yesterday. Haha! But I'm only making them for my bridesmaids and myself. I thought it was a better solution for the girls because their dresses are knee-length and flats don't look great with that length but on the beach they can't wear heels. I felt really bad asking them to buy two pairs of shoes, so I said I'd get them these barefoot sandals for the ceremony and they can get heels for the reception. They were all happy with that :)