3 Days Rule

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bmrs

soon2bmrs
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hiya Ladies,

Since you all provide faster replies than the wc, I'm hoping you can help me with this.  Unfortunately, my FI has classes and will not be able to begin the wedding trip until the weekend before our Tuesday wedding in April.  This means we can only be in Dr for 1 business day.  Is this pushing it?  Is it possible to organize as much as we can from here (i.e. cake selection, dinner choice, ceremony location, photographer) and on that 1 business day, we hand them our clothes for steaming and seal the rest?  Technically, we have 1 1/2 days since the wedding isn't until the evening. Please tell me what you think based on your experience.  BTW: this is a symbolic ceremony.  Thanks.  

#2 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
    • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

I think that is enough time, especially for a symbolic ceremony where you are not tied to the judge's schedule.  My understanding for our wedding is that we will meet with the WC upon our arrival at the resort and choose the options (ie cake, flowers etc).  They don't have unlimited selection so it won't take that long. 

You will likely do some coordination via email prior to arrival as well. 

#3 dcairns

dcairns
      • 347 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

My WC said i had to be there 3 days before so we can get all details down (i'm having symbollic as well) But if you really stress the situation and get everything done. Even possibly paying just before you guys get there maybe she can iron that out??

#4 JPenny

JPenny
        • 102 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

I think you should be fine. I have heard of other brides not being down there in time either. If thats the case they will make it work. I think their preference is 3 days but it shouldn't be a big deal.

#5 richarsd

richarsd
          • 331 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

You said your wedding is a Tuesday? Are you arriving Saturday?? If so, then don't worry at all! Mine is arranged the same way...we'll be meeting with our WC on the Monday to go over everything and give her the gown to get steamed. I'm totally confident it'll be fine...they do this all the time :)

#6 jhartford19

jhartford19
            • 187 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

I am going down on Saturday, Jan. 29 and getting married Monday, Jan.31. The WC didn't have a problem with that. When we arrive we will meet the WC right away to go over details. My cake is picked out, so are my flowers, ceremony and reception set-ups, etc. We just need to finalize details, look at the ceremony and reception sites and make our final payments. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

#7 islandbride8

islandbride8
              • 315 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

I think it's plenty of time.  I'm arriving on a monday and getting married wednesday.  I know some resorts make you be there (when I was inquiring with Dreams Punta Cana they told me they would not budge on this).  Email your WC, i'm sure it'll be fine

#8 fmichelle

fmichelle
                • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

As you can probably figure out from the above responses, I would say it's probably resort based, especially if you're doing a symbolic versus the legal one.  Which resort are you getting married at? You could probably find a thread on that resort specifically and find someone there who has had/will have the same issue and get it resolved that way.  Good luck, and congratulations!

#9 mandys

mandys
                  • 181 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

If you are just having a symbolic ceremony, the 3 day rule doesnt count right? Also, do you have to be married civilly in your own country to have the symbolic ceremony?

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
                    April 2012

#10 spaterson

spaterson
                    • 123 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

DR doesn't have a requirement for the symbolic ceremony. There are no records check, documentation, etc... It's just for show. The 3 day rule only applies for the legal ceremonies although soem resorts still ask you to adhere to that for symbolic ceremonies so you have time to get everything sorted out.

Originally Posted by mandys 

If you are just having a symbolic ceremony, the 3 day rule doesnt count right? Also, do you have to be married civilly in your own country to have the symbolic ceremony?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users