HELP! I just found out i'm 7 weeks pregnant and my DW is 6 months away!!!!

Tessab123

Hey ladies, i need some SERIOUS help!!

I have been planning my DREAM destination wedding for over a year now, I have my dress, resort, flowers, std's, invitations, ATR venue, caterer, band, decorator... you name it! done, complete, just patiently waiting for the best day of my life.

I noticed I was late for my period, so sure enough I did an at-home test and it confirmed... IM PREGNANT!

the day I found out I was in tears, so many thoughts were going through my mind, can I still go to Jamaica? Can I wear my wedding dress? I cant celebrate and party with all my friends (Selfish I know)

I've always wanted children so there is no way i would even consider an abortion... such a bittersweet time, I cant even explain the emotions going through my mind... happiness and sadness.

Its been four days since I found out the news, things are better now... I'm getting excited to have a baby, I will be around 6 months when I get married.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what they would do in this situation? My wedding is booked for may 23-30, 2011. My at home reception is June 25 (ill be 7 months then)

Should I move my ATR until after the birth of the baby? I have confirmed that I will be able to fly up to 36 weeks as long as im healthy. I have over 30 people booked and my agent wont refund or change our deposits :S or should I keep the dates and events the same and just enjoy it with my bun in the oven?

So, Hit me up with some advice on what you DW bride to be's would do in this situation... its much needed on my end :)

I guess in the end it makes me giggle that our little baby just couldnt wait and wanted to share our special day somehow !

First, congrats! :)

Second, I think that as long as you healthy you should continue with your wedding as planned. or maybe see if you could move it up? if that is an option of course.

Other than that I dont have much else to respond with but I was able to dig up a couple of older threads that you should read. People in the same situation as you

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/37598/omg-i-just-had-a-positive-home-pregnancy-test 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/37750/pregnant-now-how-much-to-change-our-wedding-plans

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/25226/i-think-that-i-m-going-to-explode-if-i-don-t-get-this-out

Like I said they are older threads but maybe it will help you to read what some other girls went through!

First of all congratulations! Sometimes things happen when they are least planned and turn out to be the perfect timing.

I think you should go ahead with all your plans. Like you said, you've been planning for over a year. You should be fine to enjoy every minute of all your celebrations. You'll still be able to participate in most of your activities. Can your dress be altered to fit a baby bump?

I love your last comment. Now you will have an even more exciting year!

Best of luck to you, your FI and little bun in the oven.

Congratulations!  Every day will get easier as you get used to the idea.  Did you ask your TA about moving the date up?  That may be a hassle, but I'm sure family/friends would rather go sooner than the possibility of you not being able to go at all. You can definitely still wear a dress. Keep us posted on what you decide!!

Honestly I have been terrified of this happening... but I think if it were to happen to me I'd deal with it the same as you are, be upset at first but then find the silver lining on it. That's so cute that you're babe wants to spend the day with you. And it's a beach wedding so you can get away with having a really flowy dress and no one would say a word anyway.

I have a friend who this happened to as well... she wasn't have a DW, but she continued with the wedding as planned. She looked beautiful and has tons of adorable pictures that involve her little baby bump as well :)

Congratulations are in order. You'll have the beautiful wedding of your dreams, then in a few months have a beautiful son/daughter to enjoy as well :)

Congratulations!!!  I'll admit, I too have feared for this.  I would keep everything exactly the same (okay you'll probably need a new dress!)  but i would keep the AHR the same.  That way it's just about you and your hubby (baby can steal the show later, lol).  Roll with the punches and have the time of your life!  You can always plan a mini outting with your besties after baby comes to "celebrate" the way you want friday.gif