Photo

Suggestions on Make up artist in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#211 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by MRSTTOBE 

The airbrushing doesn't really matter to me I do not even care if my makeup lasts all day all i want to do is look Amazing in my first set of pics. I love loni's work too but im deciding between Paul March and Rashel Edwards. Paul March looks great and well experienced but there is a sort of sophistication about Rashel's work that I love and my bridesmaids and Fiance love it too. I guess it comes down to taste and preference

Initially I had concerns about airbrush vs. traditionaI.  In hearing from several MUA's it's all in the application with traditional vs. application.  I'm with you as long as I look absolutely spectacular I'm happy.  I looked into Paul March but his traveling fee was extremely high $300.  Your wedding may be closer to his location.  Congrats as well ;-)

Originally Posted by muneera0302 

she doesn't do airbushing but her work is amazing. she was more expensive than rashel edwards, i went ahead and booked rashel. both ladies have great work. 

Happy for you ;-)

#212 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
    • 174 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Oops I meant traditional vs. airbrush.

#213 Deltabelle8

Deltabelle8
      • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Any recommendations for hair and make-up in Montego Bay?

#214 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Deltabelle8 

Rochelle Chin for hair.

www.hairbychellz.com

Face Forward for makeup.

She does airbursh and standard applications. I chose the airbrush and it was fantastic. Very reasonably priced to.

Look her up on Facebook. I've had friends who have used Paul March and Loni Jones and I wouldn't change my decision for the world. 

#215 cocoluv

cocoluv
          • 177 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Rochelle Chin for hair. www.hairbychellz.com Face Forward for makeup. She does airbursh and standard applications. I chose the airbrush and it was fantastic. Very reasonably priced to. Look her up on Facebook. I've had friends who have used Paul March and Loni Jones and I wouldn't change my decision for the world. 

Thanks for the suggestions... I looked her up and will be reaching out..

#216 muneera0302

muneera0302
            • 277 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Deltabelle8 

i booked Rashel Edwards for makeup. she seems very popular on this site. her work is on facebook and she does airbrushing. i can't wait! i have no idea what i'm going to do for hair though so i'm glad you asked that question! lol

#217 Joni Powell

Joni Powell
              • 1 posts
                • LocationJamaica

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Good morning Ladies ... 

I have been reading some of the posts here and I am just stopping by to share ME! My name is Joni Powell and  I am a professional MUA in Jamaica ... based in Montego Bay, but available island-wide.

The name of my company is Gourmet Makeup. You may

view my page listed  on Facebook as Gourmet Makeup ( www.facebook.com/gourmetmakeup) or my website is www.gourmetmakeup.com, as well I am on wedding wire as a vendor (Gourmet Makeup by Joni Powell).

It would be my pleasure to share and be apart of your special day and to make you a "Gourmet Girl!!"

Pop me an email if you need any further details on pricing and to get your personalized rate sheet! e/gourmetmakeup@hotmail.com

Best wishes to all the brides planning destination weddings!

Warmest,

Joni

1876-297-6161

#218 Soon2BMrsSpence

Soon2BMrsSpence
                • 1 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 14, 2018
                • Wedding Location:Maryland/Jamaica

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I recommend Rashel Edwards. Facebook Chasity Rashel Ewdards.

#219 WesnKris

WesnKris
                • 54 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica
                • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

I am pretty upset that Rashel Edwards is not available on my wedding date which a little over a year away :(

~WesnKris

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#220 muneera0302

muneera0302
                • 277 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hi ladies. I just got back from my wedding in Jamaica 3 weeks ago. I used Rashel Edwards! I can't describe in words how amazing her work was! She was so professional and such a sweetheart! It was my first time getting airbrush done (which she does) and it lasted way longer than regular makeup application! Since i've gotten back i noticed this format has changed. i'm trying to upload a pic but it's only saying "url"....i'll do a review this week on everything i experienced!  but you can see my makeup on my IG page @muneera_o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users