Photo

Suggestions on Make up artist in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#191 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I know this is an old thread, but in case someone stumbles upon this, here is the information I got from three airbrush make up artists in Jamaica:

Rashel Edwards' Assistant

<makeupartistry1@hotmail.com>

Ok one of my usual stylist will be available as the wedding I'm booked for it
    will be just makeup so the stylist is free. For the suites I will see if I can
    tell nicole they are from my company because I'm usually free. The price is 70
    for hair and 65 for makeup. There is a 170 base rate (bride's makeup and lashes
    plus travel) its 5 percent off when I send the assistant and brides also get 10
    percent off when they pay in full(70 percent refundable).  Or you can choose to
    just pay a 30 percent deposit and pay full price with the five percent off. I
    have a special 1000 dollars for 8 people hair and airbrushing but that is if you
    have so many people.

Debra Barrett/Queen Bee

jamaicasqueenbee@yahoo.com

we are avAilable on May 4th, 2013. I have a package, the" Queen's
    Party", that includes hair, makeup (airbrush/regular), with lashes for
    750usd, I'll include all 6 persons. ( Normally it's for 4 persons. We specialize
    In bridal parties, so yes we can manage the numbers. Check with the hotel to be
    sure, but most of the all-inclusives. will charge a vendors fee.(Paid by you)
    Ibero Star. Was not so bad (use to) thEy will usually say for the vendor to go
    in, do the work and come out, but check with them, and contact me back. Thank
    you, and take care, Debra Barrett.

P.G. Rose/Pretty Faces

Tel: 876-844-8906
    email: pretty.faces@ymail.com, pgrose@makeupartistjamaica.com
    www.makeupartistjamaica.com
    www.facebook.com/prettyfacesjm
    www.makeupartistdirectory.com/prettyfaces
    Blog: www.prettyfaces23.blogspot.com ;

Firstly, Thanks for the contact also I am available for May 4th 2012. Secondly are you working with a budget for hair and makeup? if yes what price range are you thinking about.

Normally my price for both makeup and hair styling is USD$970 break down as follows:

Bride Airbrush Makeup Travelling and Lashes $170
    Bride Hair $100

Airbrush Makeup additional persons $70 X 5 = $350
    Additional Persons Hair $70 X 5 = $350

I normally cover the vendor fee if any.

#192 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt 

I know this is an old thread, but in case someone stumbles upon this, here is the information I got from three airbrush make up artists in Jamaica:

Rashel Edwards' Assistant

<makeupartistry1@hotmail.com>

Ok one of my usual stylist will be available as the wedding I'm booked for it
      will be just makeup so the stylist is free. For the suites I will see if I can
      tell nicole they are from my company because I'm usually free. The price is 70
      for hair and 65 for makeup. There is a 170 base rate (bride's makeup and lashes
      plus travel) its 5 percent off when I send the assistant and brides also get 10
      percent off when they pay in full(70 percent refundable).  Or you can choose to
      just pay a 30 percent deposit and pay full price with the five percent off. I
      have a special 1000 dollars for 8 people hair and airbrushing but that is if you
      have so many people.

Debra Barrett/Queen Bee

jamaicasqueenbee@yahoo.com

we are avAilable on May 4th, 2013. I have a package, the" Queen's
      Party", that includes hair, makeup (airbrush/regular), with lashes for
      750usd, I'll include all 6 persons. ( Normally it's for 4 persons. We specialize
      In bridal parties, so yes we can manage the numbers. Check with the hotel to be
      sure, but most of the all-inclusives. will charge a vendors fee.(Paid by you)
      Ibero Star. Was not so bad (use to) thEy will usually say for the vendor to go
      in, do the work and come out, but check with them, and contact me back. Thank
      you, and take care, Debra Barrett.

P.G. Rose/Pretty Faces

Tel: 876-844-8906
      email: pretty.faces@ymail.com, pgrose@makeupartistjamaica.com
      www.makeupartistjamaica.com
      www.facebook.com/prettyfacesjm
      www.makeupartistdirectory.com/prettyfaces
      Blog: www.prettyfaces23.blogspot.com ;

Firstly, Thanks for the contact also I am available for May 4th 2012. Secondly are you working with a budget for hair and makeup? if yes what price range are you thinking about.

Normally my price for both makeup and hair styling is USD$970 break down as follows:

Bride Airbrush Makeup Travelling and Lashes $170
      Bride Hair $100

Airbrush Makeup additional persons $70 X 5 = $350
      Additional Persons Hair $70 X 5 = $350

I normally cover the vendor fee if any.

Did you book one of these yet?

I am going to do some research and contact them. Thanks for the info :-)

#193 JA2012

JA2012
      • 334 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Does anyone have the contact info for Loni Jones or Paul March? I heard they are excellent makeup artists also.

#194 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
        • 366 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Did you book one of these yet?

I am going to do some research and contact them. Thanks for the info :-)

I am booked with Rashel Edwards' assistant :)

#195 JA2012

JA2012
          • 334 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Does Rashel have a website or page with her work? I'm going to google now but if anyone has photos i'd love to see. thnx

#196 carajoe08

carajoe08
            • 197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

I'd also like to see some examples of Rashel's work!

#197 Alysia85

Alysia85
              • 101 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

you can search rashel edwards  on facebook...

http://www.facebook....JAMAICA?fref=ts

also...check out my picture gallery. I used Rashel's assistant... she was amazing and i absolutely recommend using her. Very professional, fun and talented.

May 10, 2012 Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, Jamaica (46 Guests)

#198 JA2012

JA2012
                • 334 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alysia85 

you can search rashel edwards  on facebook...

http://www.facebook....JAMAICA?fref=ts

also...check out my picture gallery. I used Rashel's assistant... she was amazing and i absolutely recommend using her. Very professional, fun and talented.

Your makeup is beautiful!! I love how it's effortlessly flawless - not heavy at all. But still dramatic with the lashes. I've been in contact with Rashel and am probably goin to book. Every bride I've seen who's used her looks amazing! 

So funny...i looked on the FB page and scrolled thru the pics. For some reason as much as i like the natural look and claim to be a natural beauty, I LOVE the look of her dramatic makeup and think I want that. The post where she's talking about dramatic shouldnt be clowney. LOL.

#199 Alysia85

Alysia85
                  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hey JA2012,

I couldnt agree with you more... I wanted a natural look as well... but i always wear eye makeup and ALWAYS do my own makeup for everything .... i dont trust anyone else doing it because i look either WAY too overdone or not enough... but i thought i AM the BRIDE after all... i didnt want to do my own makeup i wanted to be pampered and i gotta be a star of the show lol. I absolutely loved what she did ... i -amiled Rashel a picture that i found on google of ,,i believe it was hayden pannetierre (spelling!?) at some awards show... natural but still glowing and done up... and thats exactly what she did ... it was so perfect. Timeless and classy. Not clowney at all. I was very impressed with what she did ... she even incorporated my colors (brown and aqua blue) into my eyeshadow ... subtle but looked beautiful. She was so much fun to work with too !

May 10, 2012 Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, Jamaica (46 Guests)

#200 JA2012

JA2012
                    • 334 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

@alysia85...it looks Beautiful! I showed my BM's the pics and they're sold on Rashel as well. Thanks!!! I'm gettin excited now. Can't wait to see the complete look from head to toe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users