Photo

White sand beaches AND cute cobblestone streets to explore?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

We are looking for a combination of fantastic, relaxing beaches and culture for our honeymoon.  (Think San Sebastian, Spain -- that would be perfect, but we want go somewhere new.)   Right now we are considering Croatia, Turkey, Bali, and the Caribbean.  We're going in July, so weather is definitely a consideration (probably not South America).  Any other destinations you'd recommend?  Advice on any of the above places?  Thank you!!

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#2 TA Becky

TA Becky
    • 68 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hi LisaandJeff,

One of my favourite resort chains in the world is the Aman properties. They are excellent with providing unique cultural experiences, luxurious and romantic settings, unbelieveable service and food, and really just the most amazing experience you will ever have at a resort. I stayed at 3 different properties in India last Spring and I was beyond amazed.

They have a great property in Bali, called Amandari. I think if you can fit it into your budget (and trust me, it's SO worth it) then this would be perfect for what you're looking for:

http://www.amanresor...ndari/home.aspx

Take a look, and if you have any other questions about Aman feel free to PM me :)

#3 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
      • 296 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Becky!

I have heard great things about the Aman Resorts, but I've never been there!  Great recommendation!!!

#4 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
        • 296 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Any other recommendations, Ladies?

#5 JenK

JenK
          • 302 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

Santorini is my absolute favorite place in the world, but it doesn't quite have the white beaches. However, the atmosphere there is unbeatable and romantic! I have stayed in Firastefani and I definitely recommend that view!!!

#6 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
            • 296 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

We're going to Bali!  Thanks for the ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users