59 replies to this topic

#41 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

As long as they only make me pay for day pass I will be happy! I will make sure my contract does not state "no outside vendors' because I will definetly be having outside vendors!!

#42 amh777

amh777
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

I am going through this right now--- getting married this week and the prior WC I had told me -- or at least this is what I interpreted it to mean-- that the fee could be waived but I would need to pay guest pass fee for the DJ-- so @ this point-- days away, they are trying to stick this "displacement fee" on me and I am getting super frustrated with them. Those of you who have had the vendor fee waived- who agreed to that for you?

#43 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

What is this displacement fee?? How much are they trying to charge you??

Originally Posted by amh777 

I am going through this right now--- getting married this week and the prior WC I had told me -- or at least this is what I interpreted it to mean-- that the fee could be waived but I would need to pay guest pass fee for the DJ-- so @ this point-- days away, they are trying to stick this "displacement fee" on me and I am getting super frustrated with them. Those of you who have had the vendor fee waived- who agreed to that for you?

#44 amh777

amh777
    • 117 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

They havent actually told me what the amount of the displacement fee is-- she just mentioned it and I told her that my prior WC had said I could waive the fee.... she asked for that email and I sent it to her, but havent heard back... I'll definitely let you know, but I am thinking its the vendor fee which I think is $300, right?

#45 amh777

amh777
      • 117 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

So this is what she said --

That Is correct, if you will use your own DJ you will pay $88.00 USD per person, however I’m talking about the displacement fee that covers the use of electrical power, table set up and linens for the table. The $88.00 USD that Mario comment you is only for people (outside vendors)

As you mention before you are a frequent visitor of www.bestdestinationweddings.com Below please find the proved that we charge $250.00 USD per Audiovisual equipment, plus $88.00 USD per person. This is the link. http://www.bestdesti...resort-weddings

#46 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

I have heard this mentioned somewhere else as well....they try to get you to pay them extra $ any way they can.... I don't know if an outside dj would be worth it if you are on a tight buget- $250 on top of what the DJ charges is a lot!

Originally Posted by amh777 

So this is what she said --

That Is correct, if you will use your own DJ you will pay $88.00 USD per person, however I’m talking about the displacement fee that covers the use of electrical power, table set up and linens for the table. The $88.00 USD that Mario comment you is only for people (outside vendors)

As you mention before you are a frequent visitor of www.bestdestinationweddings.com Below please find the proved that we charge $250.00 USD per Audiovisual equipment, plus $88.00 USD per person. This is the link. http://www.bestdesti...resort-weddings

#47 alysam4785

alysam4785
        • 176 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

I am also using an outside DJ and paying for a day pass. This is written into my contract. However I haven't heard anything yet about this displacement fee. Great just another thing the Palace Resort is trying to give us a hard time about!

#48 IvanG

IvanG
          • Vendor
          • 967 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hola Girls in the next link you will find some pics that I posted in other thread.

http://www.bestdesti...es#post_1637215

Best!

#49 J-me

J-me
            • 398 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Have any of you Palace brides used their preferred DJ - J&S AV? If so, how were they? I can't seem to find too many reviews on them. I've been looking at Doremixx and Mannia and would love to use either of them, but I'm not sure that I want to fool with all of the day passes and 'displacement' fees (if that exists?)

Is anyone able to offer any insight on this?

#50 alysam4785

alysam4785
              • 176 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

hey J- me, I am getting married November 5th and we are using Doremixx. I did have it written into my contract so that I could use outside vendors without any additional fees other than day passes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users