Photo

Palace Resorts Preferred DJ

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

Can anyone recommend a local DJ from Riviera Maya?  I've booked the wedding date, photog, now the only big thing I need done is this. Please post the DJ and what quote they gave you.  Thanks for your help and advice ladies!! :)

#32 shelbs97

shelbs97
    • 85 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

DJ Mannia, $900.

Originally Posted by RMBride2B 

Can anyone recommend a local DJ from Riviera Maya?  I've booked the wedding date, photog, now the only big thing I need done is this. Please post the DJ and what quote they gave you.  Thanks for your help and advice ladies!! :)

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#33 rae12vb

rae12vb
      • 168 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

This is very interesting. I am about to sign my contract but I am going to put a clause in it before! We are trying to do our wedding on a budget and using outside vendors will definitely help!

Does anyone know a good photographer to use?

Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!

#34 KathyAnna

KathyAnna
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I was told if I wanted to use an outside vendor, that I would have to pay for a day pass for each person and a $300 vending fee. So, the prices end up pretty much equal. Now I just have to figure out who is better.

#35 Lindy S

Lindy S
          • 201 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Does anyone know if you have to pay a vendor fee on top of a guest pass fee? Please reply.

#36 msredd3129

msredd3129
            • 123 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

It is cheaper to get them a room for nite if you have to pay a vendor fee and a day pass. I believe you have to pay both. I paid for a 1 night room for our dj & asst. and our 2 photographers. Cost me just over $300 for each room.

Originally Posted by Lindy S 

Does anyone know if you have to pay a vendor fee on top of a guest pass fee? Please reply.

#37 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

We have an exception request for our photographer (Del Sol) and in our contract, it states we just have to pay their day pass. Nothing is in my contract (nor have I been told otherwise) about a vendor fee and/or paying for their room. So strange...

I'm starting to research DJs though, so I'd be interested to hear from Palace brides that have been through this and any advice!

#38 Lindy S

Lindy S
                • 201 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

I am currently working on getting our contract to state that outside vendors are allowed. They have already agreed to put in the contract that outside photography will be allow, but now I am working on the DJ. I really want a DJ, but I don't want to spend tons of money on one. Has anyone had any luck also having an outside florist be allowed? I'm thinking about just going to pick the flowers up from the florist the day of. Let me know! Any info helps.

#39 alysam4785

alysam4785
                  • 176 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

hey ladies! For what is worth I just had them take out the vendor clause altogether. They did this in my original contract. But since then I have changed the time of my wedding. So when they sent me a new contract it had some wording about the vendors staying at the resort. So I crossed it out and told my WC that this is not what i agreed to when I addressed the issue with her boss and boss's boss. I am using an outside vendor and dj, and most likely a florist. I have no intentions on paying any fees!

#40 alysam4785

alysam4785
                    • 176 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

so it looks like they are really standing their ground about buying day passes for my outside vendors, but its still better than a nights stay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users