Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shelbs97

Palace Resorts Preferred DJ

Recommended Posts


I didn't have to press for it.  I asked my WC, she said no, so then I went to her boss.  It took me about 48 hours to get it approved.
 

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan View Post

I pressed my Miami WC for this exact exemption multiple times, and every time she shot me down.  She actually replied, "for the final time, we can not add that wording to our contract.  The only outside vendor you may be able to use is a photographer, and you would have to purchase a room or a daypass for them to enter the resort". 

 

No luck for me on getting it added.  Im not really concerned.  Our DJ and photographer are both 'guests' of our anyway.  I would have like the options of using a different furniture company than Zuniga Decor Cancun, but oh well.  I guess I could always work on my onsite WC, maybe she will allow more. 

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you get in contact with the WC's boss?
 

Originally Posted by shelbs97 View Post


I didn't have to press for it.  I asked my WC, she said no, so then I went to her boss.  It took me about 48 hours to get it approved.
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the one issue (so far) that drives me nuts about Palace Resorts.  They seem to have no real set policy in place when it comes to anything and everything.  On one hand, it may be good that everything is negotiable, however, it does provide a nuisance that everyone you speak to has a different take on how, when and why things can be done.  Other than the absurdly slow email response time (which I find absurd), this is the biggest issue with Palace Resorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LOL, another bride on here gave me the info.  That's why this is a great website.  I'll PM you.
 

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

How did you get in contact with the WC's boss?
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks so much shelbs97!!!! :)

 

Originally Posted by shelbs97 View Post


LOL, another bride on here gave me the info.  That's why this is a great website.  I'll PM you.
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by adales View Post

 

I checked with my WC at Aventura and she said that we have to use their preferred DJ.  So I booked J&S and they have been very accommodating so far.

 

what you could do is bring in a dj as a day guest.  thats what im doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shelbs, so they are still charging you an outside vendor fee for your DJ, right? Is it $250 or $500? I think I have read it here somewhere but not sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I wouldn't pay MP an outside vendor fee.  Just tell your WC one of your guests is going to DJ, and then pay for a day pass.  That is all that is needed.
 

Originally Posted by amh777 View Post

Shelbs, so they are still charging you an outside vendor fee for your DJ, right? Is it $250 or $500? I think I have read it here somewhere but not sure...



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan View Post

 

 

I wouldn't pay MP an outside vendor fee.  Just tell your WC one of your guests is going to DJ, and then pay for a day pass.  That is all that is needed.

 

 

yeah, but they are going to have to set up all their equipment, so I dont think that will work :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An outside vendor fee?????  Nope, never even HEARD of it!
 

Originally Posted by amh777 View Post

Shelbs, so they are still charging you an outside vendor fee for your DJ, right? Is it $250 or $500? I think I have read it here somewhere but not sure...



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×