NEW: MIchaelandAraceli PIC filled The Royal Planning Thread (attention Chicago brides)

I found the BDW forum in November 2009 and I donâ€t know what I would have done without it! So many of you (especially the Royal brides- a special thanks to Jess, Karen and Nikki) have been so positive, supportive and helpful- I canâ€t believe we leave for Mexico in a few days for our December wedding!  If youâ€re a Chicago bride you might find this especially helpful…

Engagement:

November 25, 2009

The night before Thanksgiving my FI and I had a couples massage and we went to Gejaâ€s Restaurant in Chicago. Itâ€s supposed to be the most romantic restaurant in the city and I agree! He had sangria, flowers, music and the staff in on the big secret- the rest is a blurr. ;)

Engagement Pic 1.JPG

This is my ring that my FI had custom made for me! I absolutely love it! Itâ€s a radiant cut diamond stone surrounded by pave stones. The band in thin and itâ€s eternity- surrounded by diamonds. The ring is from Fey & Co in Chicago (Lincoln Park).

Details 007.jpg

My FI choose 2 eternity diamond wedding bands- I canâ€t wait to wear them with my e-ring. My FI choose a titanium ring. Itâ€s light weight – perfect for him since heâ€s always playing sports. Weâ€re both happy with it.

Details 002.jpg

I had our website up in running the first week of December 2009. The website has been changes a few times since then. We choose www.theknot.combecause itâ€s a classic website and everyone knows of it. Our guests used the RSVP option and they wrote sweet messages.

The Dress: 

After the website came the dress. It was the first one I tried on- I was done! I bought this dress December 2009. My parents bought me this dress at Francia Bridal Boutique in Hinsdale, Illinois. This boutique is very intimate and the owner personally helped me every time we went in. The dress is the Mikaella 1406 by Paloma Blanca. Itâ€s very flattering for my body type.

Here it is on the model (Sorry I didnâ€t take any pictures with it):

Mikaella.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

Back:

Mikaella back.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

Our engagement photos in Chicago:

June 6, 2010

We took our engagements photos downtown Chicago. We used Otto Rascon and we canâ€t tell you enough how wonderful it was working with him. We loved all of our e photos! www.ottorascon.com

AM_011.jpg

AM_019.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

AM_070.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

AM_082.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

AM_144.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

My hair inspiration:

Details 001.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

My flowers:

My flowers/bouquet are long stem white calla lilies. They are elegant, simple and graceful!

calla-lily-bouquet-white-simplel-mwfie.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

My mom and mother and law are wearing white corsages.

White%20Rose%20Corsage.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

My FI is wearing a single calla lily.

white calla lily boutonniere.JPGir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

My dad is wearing a single pink rose to represent me…his only daughter.

pink rose.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

For our ceremony table and for our sweet heart reception table we choose the colorful flowers

colorful flowers.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

My shoes:

I absolutely LOVE the white Stuart Weitzmanâ€s I bought at Neiman Marcus. I then had them dyed aqua blue. My shoes are my something blue!

Details 009.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

Side view:

Details 013.jpg

My jewelry:

I bought all of my jewelry at The Left Bank in Chicago (Lincoln Park). I used to walk by it all the time and as soon as I got engaged I went it. If youâ€re a Chicago bride- I highly recommend this shop. www.theleftbankjewelry.comHereâ€s my necklace, my earrings and a broach for my bouquet to personalize it:

Details 008.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

Hereâ€s my birdcage veil (my mom helped made) and pins for my hair:

Details 010.jpgir?t=bestdestinationwedding-20&l=ur2&o=1

For the welcome/rehearsal dinner I am wearing a white chiffon one shoulder dress by London Times (Nordstrom and Macyâ€s carries this brand).

Details 022.jpg

Details 021.jpg

The Suit:

My FI bought a tan Calvin Klein linen suit., an aqua blue tie and white shirt from Macyâ€s and Brown shoes from Nordstrom.

The ceremony:

The ceremony will be happening in the gazebo at The Royal. Weâ€re having the ever so classy white covered chairs and weâ€re going to place our aqua blue ceremony programs on the white ties behind the chairs. Weâ€re going to have a violinist playing at our ceremony.

Gazebo set up.jpg

The reception:

Our reception is going to take place at the beach- where else?! We choose the beach in front of Pelicanos because itâ€s the biggest. We hired DJ Doremixx to play at our beach wedding. We payed extra for the light up dance floor and fireworks.

beautiul-reception-on.jpg

More details:

These are some of my most favorite details…I created our welcome letter, our wedding programs, and our menu.

Our wedding program:

Details 024.jpg

Our menu:

Details 023.jpg

Our wedding programs and menus:

Details 025.jpg

We bought a ring bearer bowl /ornament from Palomas Nest on Etsy. When we get home weâ€re hanging it on our Christmas tree as an ornament. http://www.etsy.com/shop/palomasnest

Details 016.jpg

We also got custom drink stirrers from Etsy. The seller “Just Loverly†was great to work with! The stirrers have our wedding date, our monogram, Eat, Drink. and Be Married written on them- I just love them! http://www.etsy.com/shop/JustLoverly?ref=seller_info

Details 015.jpg

Details 014.jpg

Finally (I know- Iâ€ve been an Etsy member for over a year now) we got this banner that says Just Married  The banner seller is Earmark http://www.etsy.com/shop/Earmark

Details 017.jpg

Favors:

In the spirit of the holidays I ordered tree ornaments for everyone.  I ordered the ornaments from www.orientaltrading.com

Our guests from the states got these mariachi snowmen ornaments:

Details 005.jpg

Our guests from Mexico got these Santa on the beach ornaments:

Details 006.jpg

Our cake:

When in rome…..we ordered a Tres Leches wedding cake. Weâ€re putting an R cake topper.

Details 011.jpg

Our place cards:

We went to Michaels and bought these seashell place cards to go with our beach theme.

Shells.jpg

Centerpieces:

Weâ€re using a single ivory candle surrounded by seashells as our centerpiece.

Our table numbers:

We bought the white picture frames from Target. I also printed the numbers on sand on photo paper at Target. If you want the numbers on the sand PM me I have numbers 1-20 saved.

Details 004.jpg

Mike and Araceli
The Royal Playa del Carmen
December 18, 2010

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...98b2/event.png  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic