NEW: MIchaelandAraceli PIC filled The Royal Planning Thread (attention Chicago brides)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelandAraceli

• 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

I found the BDW forum in November 2009 and I don’t know what I would have done without it! So many of you (especially the Royal brides- a special thanks to Jess, Karen and Nikki) have been so positive, supportive and helpful- I can’t believe we leave for Mexico in a few days for our December wedding!  If you’re a Chicago bride you might find this especially helpful…

November 25, 2009

The night before Thanksgiving my FI and I had a couples massage and we went to Geja’s Restaurant in Chicago. It’s supposed to be the most romantic restaurant in the city and I agree! He had sangria, flowers, music and the staff in on the big secret- the rest is a blurr. ;)

Engagement Pic 1.JPG

This is my ring that my FI had custom made for me! I absolutely love it! It’s a radiant cut diamond stone surrounded by pave stones. The band in thin and it’s eternity- surrounded by diamonds. The ring is from Fey & Co in Chicago (Lincoln Park).

Details 007.jpg

My FI choose 2 eternity diamond wedding bands- I can’t wait to wear them with my e-ring. My FI choose a titanium ring. It’s light weight – perfect for him since he’s always playing sports. We’re both happy with it.

Details 002.jpg

I had our website up in running the first week of December 2009. The website has been changes a few times since then. We choose Mikaella.jpg

Mikaella back.jpg

Our engagement photos in Chicago:

June 6, 2010

We took our engagements photos downtown Chicago. We used Otto Rascon and we can’t tell you enough how wonderful it was working with him. We loved all of our e photos! AM_011.jpg

My hair inspiration:

Details 001.jpg

My flowers:

My flowers/bouquet are long stem white calla lilies. They are elegant, simple and graceful!

My mom and mother and law are wearing white corsages.

My FI is wearing a single calla lily.

white calla lily boutonniere.JPG

My dad is wearing a single pink rose to represent me…his only daughter.

pink rose.jpg

For our ceremony table and for our sweet heart reception table we choose the colorful flowers

colorful flowers.jpg

My shoes:

I absolutely LOVE the white Stuart Weitzman’s I bought at Neiman Marcus. I then had them dyed aqua blue. My shoes are my something blue!

Details 009.jpg

Side view:

Details 013.jpg

My jewelry:

I bought all of my jewelry at The Left Bank in Chicago (Lincoln Park). I used to walk by it all the time and as soon as I got engaged I went it. If you’re a Chicago bride- I highly recommend this shop. Details 008.jpg

Here’s my birdcage veil (my mom helped made) and pins for my hair:

Details 010.jpg

For the welcome/rehearsal dinner I am wearing a white chiffon one shoulder dress by London Times (Nordstrom and Macy’s carries this brand).

Details 022.jpg

Details 021.jpg

The Suit:

My FI bought a tan Calvin Klein linen suit., an aqua blue tie and white shirt from Macy’s and Brown shoes from Nordstrom.

The ceremony:

The ceremony will be happening in the gazebo at The Royal. We’re having the ever so classy white covered chairs and we’re going to place our aqua blue ceremony programs on the white ties behind the chairs. We’re going to have a violinist playing at our ceremony.

Gazebo set up.jpg

The reception:

Our reception is going to take place at the beach- where else?! We choose the beach in front of Pelicanos because it’s the biggest. We hired DJ Doremixx to play at our beach wedding. We payed extra for the light up dance floor and fireworks.

More details:

These are some of my most favorite details…I created our welcome letter, our wedding programs, and our menu.

Our wedding program:

Details 024.jpg

Our menu:

Details 023.jpg

Our wedding programs and menus:

Details 025.jpg

We bought a ring bearer bowl /ornament from Palomas Nest on Etsy. When we get home we’re hanging it on our Christmas tree as an ornament. Details 016.jpg

We also got custom drink stirrers from Etsy. The seller “Just Loverly” was great to work with! The stirrers have our wedding date, our monogram, Eat, Drink. and Be Married written on them- I just love them! Details 015.jpg

Details 014.jpg

Finally (I know- I’ve been an Etsy member for over a year now) we got this banner that says Just Married  The banner seller is Earmark Details 017.jpg

In the spirit of the holidays I ordered tree ornaments for everyone.  I ordered the ornaments from Details 005.jpg

Our guests from Mexico got these Santa on the beach ornaments:

Details 006.jpg

Our cake:

When in rome…..we ordered a Tres Leches wedding cake. We’re putting an R cake topper.

Details 011.jpg

Our place cards:

We went to Michaels and bought these seashell place cards to go with our beach theme.

We’re using a single ivory candle surrounded by seashells as our centerpiece.

Our table numbers:

We bought the white picture frames from Target. I also printed the numbers on sand on photo paper at Target. If you want the numbers on the sand PM me I have numbers 1-20 saved.

Details 004.jpg

Mike and Araceli
    The Royal Playa del Carmen
    December 18, 2010

Mike and Araceli
    December 18, 2010

#2 MichaelandAraceli

• 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

I finally did it right- with pictures this time! Hope it helps someone ;)

Mike and Araceli
      December 18, 2010

#3 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

Great job! Everything looks amazing! Best wishes for your wedding :-)

#4 erinbrooke124

• 282 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

Everything looks beautiful!  Congrats!

June 14, 2011 <3
          Photographer:Sascha Gluck
          Hair/Makeup: Fernando Fuentes
          Dress: Blue by Enzoani - Casablanca :: Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo Pure 7108/7109
          Booked:Bride+Groom+35 Guests

#5 butterflyaniam

• 260 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Congratulations. It looks awesome. I love your rings and the engagement session looks amazing:)

#6 Brandy

• 2,628 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Everything looks amazing!!!

#7 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Everything looks lovely - I have the same colour scheme - so has given me plenty of inspiration x :-)

Josie x

#8 prettypigpig

• Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

Love the details! I hope mine will be as beautiful as yours! :-)

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#9 mistibuard

• 444 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Congratulations! Everything truly looks great!

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#10 shelbygirl

• 186 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Great job.  Love your shoes and all your details!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users