Sign in to follow this  
TammyB

Window treatment help

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
tammy - if i can do it, you can too! i bought a book that walked me through the detail parts (like the corners of the drapes)

Ok what is so special about the corner of the drapes?

I think I seen on HGTV (yes I love watching this show) that they sell these, like clips that allows you to just hem the whole curtain and then clips, clip to the top of the curtain and then has a ring on the other side to slide through a rod.

Another really cute thing I seen was using a table runner for a valance, use like 2 or 3 of them, cut them in half and stagger them at two differnet lengths until it covers the entire window (in odd numbers) It looks so pretty and SO easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Ok what is so special about the corner of the drapes?

I think I seen on HGTV (yes I love watching this show) that they sell these, like clips that allows you to just hem the whole curtain and then clips, clip to the top of the curtain and then has a ring on the other side to slide through a rod.
they don't HAVE to be special, but there are lots of ways to do it ... like the fold such that there's no raw edge showing, that's what i did.

and those are the clips that i was talking about ! they're awesome

i love restoration hardware: Restoration Hardware - Furniture - Bed & Bath

here is their window section: Home Furnishings / Home Decor: Unique Home Decor & Home Furnishing Store - Restoration Hardware

or william-sonoma home: | Williams-Sonoma Home

here is their window covering section: Window Coverings | Williams-Sonoma Home