Photo

flip flops

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 rob4ever

rob4ever
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

I ordered 70 pairs of flip flops last week from Old Navy for our OOT bags. I ordered different sizes and colors for the ladies and the gents and they were on sale for $2.50/pair. Instead of putting them in their OOT bags when they arrive at the resort, I am going to have them in buckets at our reception. I figure that way, they will serve as a decoration since they are so colorful and also as a gift since we'll have our guests put them on during the reception. Hopefully, that will get everyone out on the dance floor!

#2 ajncooter

ajncooter
    • 983 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

great idea...

#3 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
      • 812 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

I'm totally doing the same thing! I got green and pink, our wedding colors :)

#4 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

I had my WC give them to girls as they were entering the reception site, everyone was wearing them, they loved them!

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

I was at 2 weddings this summer that they did it and it was such a great idea. My feet were killing me walking in heels all day, so they were wonderful and it made it much easier to dance.

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

In other flip flop news... I was at Target this week and all of their flip flops are on clearance. I got all of my BMs the pink ones that are decorated with sequins (or something like that) to match their dresses. They also have white ones with rhinestones...so cute for your wedding week!

#7 TaraDM916

TaraDM916
              • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

have you also seen the flip flops that make impressions in the sand that say "just married". they are super cute. it would be really neat if you could find a way to get a wedding logo imprinted in them. just ideas.
                Tara and Bobby
                May 2009
                Dreams Cancun

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

Someone posted a cute basket with flip flops that said "dancing shoes on it." Other people have put their logos on the shoes. It was really cute.

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

I also got flip flops for all the ladies from Old Navy, in 2 shades of pink and the chocolate brown (our wedding colours). But, I think I am going to put them in the OOT bags. I already have so many things that I want my WC to do that are extra, that I don't want her to forget any of these things by adding more to the list.

Anny made a logo for her flip flops, its on this forum somewhere. Anny, where are they?

#10 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

I'm doing the same thing too. My WC told me another great way to use them. We're going to put buckets of rose water at the edge of the sand near the cement. So after the ceremony, everyone can wash off the sand from their feet and grab a fresh, clean pair of flip flops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users