ROR Review; Pic Heavy

Thanks for the review.  I am getting married at ROR on Jan 19/11 and can't wait.  I was really surprised when you mentioned that the white chairs are inlcuded in the free wedding package, we were quoted $5 per chair.  I am also excited that rum punch and non-alcholic punch for the kids is served after the ceremony and is also free as Chandlyn quoted me $15 per person for punch.  The picture you have posted of the cake, was that the cake included in the free wedding package or did you upgrade it?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by surprise4us View Post

Thank you so much for your review, you look beautiful. I can't believe that I only have a few weeks to go!

I have a couple questions, Did you book your hair appointment before you got there or did you wait? Also how did you bring everything you needed, like decorations?

Thanks

Thank you!

Yes, I booked my app't before I went down.  They highly suggest it and they get quite busy!  You don't want to wait until you get there because they may not be available the day of your wedding.  Be prepared to put down a 50% deposit.

For the most part I let the scenery be our decorations.  The resort is soo gorgeous that it is really all you need.   I did bring stuff for the centerpieces on the dinner table.  You can buy stuff when you get down there but it is much cheaper to just bring your own.  A note of caution though about decorations.  The WC will not take responsiblity for decorating they will only help.  So, be sure to designate someone from your group who will be in charge of working with the WC to make sure the decorations are the way you want it.   Your wedding party (you or your bridesmaids) will be too busy to worry about that so have someone in the wings who you trust.  OR you could pay a local florist to do your decorating but expect it to be costly.  I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Jen1407 View Post

Thanks for the review.  I am getting married at ROR on Jan 19/11 and can't wait.  I was really surprised when you mentioned that the white chairs are inlcuded in the free wedding package, we were quoted $5 per chair.  I am also excited that rum punch and non-alcholic punch for the kids is served after the ceremony and is also free as Chandlyn quoted me $15 per person for punch.  The picture you have posted of the cake, was that the cake included in the free wedding package or did you upgrade it?

That came with the free package.  I brought the cake topper though and had delegated the decorating job to a friend that wasn't in the wedding party.  They brought out the cake with the flowers on it (I had actually asked them to put ribbon and had given that to the WC but it never happened for some reason) but my friend took care of making sure the topper was put on the cake for pictures.  Also, just a note, the cake won't come out until just about the time it is to be served.  This is because they don't want the icing to melt.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised about the white chairs and punch because I was told they were both an extra cost too.  But, the WC told me it was part of the free package, so I thought that was great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely review - Thanks so much!  I'm getting married there 4/16/11 and can't wait.  I've been communicating with Michael since May of this year about the photography and he seems very easy to work with.  Are the flowers you are holding the ones with the free package?  If so, they are different than the ones I've seen before but I really like them.

Hi Hutchets,

Yes, the flowers you see me holding are included in the free package.  I really like them too.  I knew they wouldn't make the trip home so throughout the rest of the time I was there I pulled out some flowers each day and put them in my hair with bobby-pins.  So I got to use them more than once.  :)

Your wedding looks beautiful Sweetluna!! I have a question for you, do you know if the resort offers any way to broadcast a wedding live online? or is there wireless internet service on the beach so that I could log on to Skype?  We are getting married Jan 27/11 and just found out my future MI cannot attend due to health concerns and really want her to be able to see the ceremony!! HELP!

• 1 month later...