Photo

Square Bottom Rings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hamme

hamme
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

Does any have a square bottom ring? I've heard the purpose is so the ring does not spin. I haven't even tried one on- I wonder if they feel different or if it would even be a big deal?

#2 eholt

eholt
    • 528 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

I like the look but I am not sure that they wont turn.  The inside of the ones I've seen are still round so I assume they will still turn.

May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica
      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#3 jenandmark

jenandmark
      • 159 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

I was wondering about them too... I've seen them, but never tried one on.  Not sure if they actually make a difference.  Would be nice if they did...always bugs me when my rings move around.

Gran Bahia Principe ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ November 11th, 2011

#4 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
        • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

I had to have my engagement ring squared on the bottom b/c they couldn't size it down. It's helped a lot with my ring spinning (although not completely) and it doesn't feel different at all. Hope this helps ladies!

#5 hamme

hamme
          • 194 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 

I had to have my engagement ring squared on the bottom b/c they couldn't size it down. It's helped a lot with my ring spinning (although not completely) and it doesn't feel different at all. Hope this helps ladies!

Thank you! I heard you could also do it for the size issues as well. I haven't seen many in the stores but I guess it is all the rage in Europe and with the celebrities who have huge bling. I def need to find a store that carries them to see what I think. Innovation always has intrigued me. I haven't seen any ladies posting them in the ring section. Maybe in a few years it will be all the rage here? Would you guys buy one?

#6 Ashley*

Ashley*
            • 206 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

mine is square and I love it, I never have to adjust it because it's spinning.  It's great! 

Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#7 Mistinicole

Mistinicole
              • 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

never even heard of it

#8 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
                • Banned
                • 206 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

I had to send my e-ring out to get rhodium plated today and I don't want to be "naked" for 2 weeks so I went to JC Penney's and bought a filler ring (it was only $6!).  I noticed it's square but I had no idea what it meant so I'm glad I found this thread.  I can say I've been wearing it for about 8 hours now and it definitely doesn't spin.  Kinda makes me wish my real ring was square!  Oh and it doesn't feel at all different.  Actually this ring is a lot wider than mine too and still it doesn't feel any different.

~~ Lea ~~
                  January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                  (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users