RIU Brides - there is hope.

RAENJAY

Hello,

Well now that I have engraved it in my mind that I am getting married in NOVEMBER I think I am doing better than last week!!! So I confirmed my ceremony time for 4:00 as I was wanting to change it to 3:00 but apparently there is already another wedding booked. We are planning on doing the ceremony at the gazebo even though the confirmation email said the beach. The email we received from the RIU said that we choose the location when we get there anyway so hopefully it will work out.

Made a little head way and got the actual contact information for the wc at the RIU in Cabo. Apparently they process everything out of the Mayan Riveria location so getting in touch with the 'real' wc will hopefully enable me to start getting some quotes and booking some things. I want to inquire about a bonfire welcome dinner/cocktail evening as well as a beach reception....I know its all gonna cost $$$ and more $$$. I also booked the Royal wedding package but am considering taking a photographer with us if I can find someone for a reasonable price. I will update you if I hear anything on prices or additional info.

RIUBRIDE - yes, let's switch and try and escape 'real' life for a week or so. Have you heard anymore from the wc or done anymore planning?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I've only got my date & time booked. I want to do some other stuff but I don't know what to do next? Am I supposed to contact the WC?

Where are you planning on having your reception?

Does anyone have any ideas what what kind of flowers/bouquets they offer at the riu? Maybe photos? And does anyone know the price of flower petals instead of a bouquet for the flower girl?

We have finally decided on the Riu Palace Cabo as well! I was in Cabo last September (where we got engaged) and actually spent some time talking with Adriana when I was there. I sent my date and time request in a week ago and have not received my confirmation yet. We are trying to get a reservation to have our ceremony on Dec 8th. We called last week but they told us it would take about a week. I am really anxious to start all the planning though.

When I was there I did get some info. The price for a cocktail hour is $10 per person per hour for the bar and $9 - $13 per hour per person for the hor d'oeurves. They told me that they can copy pretty much any bouquet if given a picture, but it may be an extra charge depending on the flowers. We want to have our ceremony at the gazebo, cocktail hour in the space in between the gazebo and San Jose Restaurant, and then the reception and dinner in the San Jose restaurant. We will probably have about 70 guests.

I look forward to sharing info with you all.

Hi Kristen.

I went through the same thing trying to get my date & time confirmed. The first time I called I found out that there is no weddings being performed on the particular day we wanted (STRESS!) and then the lady at the Riu in the Mayan told me to put in another request. After MUCH STRESS my 2nd request was confirmed within a few days. If you don't get your confirmation within a few days call them again. You still have some time so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hindsight, I stressed way too much over my date.

Can you send/post some pics of the hotel? I've never been to the riu, i've only heard great things!

Aimee

Oh Kristen and Riubride can you include me in on the pictures if you have any? I've never been to Cabo much less the RIU and have no idea what things 'really' look like. It may also help me choose where I want to have the reception and what my options are. So far, other than my date and ceremony time booked I haven't done anything and it seems to me like I shouldn't before I get there...but this is me we are talking about and I just need to plan, plan, plan! Any other advice from you guys on what we can do at this time.....get flower ideas is the only one I can really think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACENGG View Post
Oh Kristen and Riubride can you include me in on the pictures if you have any? I've never been to Cabo much less the RIU and have no idea what things 'really' look like. It may also help me choose where I want to have the reception and what my options are. So far, other than my date and ceremony time booked I haven't done anything and it seems to me like I shouldn't before I get there...but this is me we are talking about and I just need to plan, plan, plan! Any other advice from you guys on what we can do at this time.....get flower ideas is the only one I can really think of.
Have you looked on tripadvisor.com? They have some amazing photos of the hotel and the grounds. Its under guests photos. I can send you some pics from some weddings if you want, just PM me!
Sarah

Hey Girls!!!

I sent Adriana an email earlier this week wrt the bonfire, beach reception and photography and I already got a reply! It is much better communicating directly with her rather than through the Mayan. For the bonfire it is $800 USD to book plus an additional $600 to book the beach (the way I interpret it anyway). As for the photography, she sent me the website that should give us some samples of the work done although I am just hiring Juan since I have heard its ~ the same price and well, Juan rocks from what I can tell. There were also rumors that the RIU in Jamaica I think quoted photographer prices that the photographer didn't agree to and he ended up charging more....I don't know the validity of this but it makes me a little nervous. Also, it will cost $600 to rent the area for a beach reception plus the cost of food and drink per guest. Meal = $35 and Drinks = $10/person/hr. Dj is also $70/hr.

The website for the photographer is :: mango productions - photos & videos los cabos Cabo San Lucas Baja California Sur - home ::.

Adriana also mentioned that the documents we need for a legal ceremony (if that's what you are having) is only a passport, birth certificate, divore certificate (if applicable) and tourist card. I emailed her back to see if they had to be translated to Spanish and apostilled.....if not this should be fairly easy (excluding the blood test - AAAHHH!).

Sorry for the jumbled nature of this post but work is really distracting me - HOW RUDE!!!

Beach Bride - where are you from?

Thanks for all the info Kim! The bonfire is such an awesome idea but I don't think I will be able to fit it in my budget. I would also love to use Juan for my wedding but I'm sure he's booked.

I need help from my fellow riu brides.(what's new?) I've confirmed my date & time but now what? I emailed Adriana to ask her what I have to do next but she hasn't responded me yet. I really want a beach reception and I want to make sure that I have that booked before someone else takes it.

Aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by riubride View Post
Thanks for all the info Kim! The bonfire is such an awesome idea but I don't think I will be able to fit it in my budget. I would also love to use Juan for my wedding but I'm sure he's booked.

I need help from my fellow riu brides.(what's new?) I've confirmed my date & time but now what? I emailed Adriana to ask her what I have to do next but she hasn't responded me yet. I really want a beach reception and I want to make sure that I have that booked before someone else takes it.

Aimee
Hi Aimee! I've been noticing that it's been taking 3-4 days for her to respond. If you don't get an answer email again. Also, I've noticed that sometimes you have to send a new email rather than replying to one.

I would let them know ASAP that you want the beach reception. We were able to secure our beach location about 6 months in advance, so you should be able to do that now.

From what I hear, you won't get a lot done until 1-2 months before the wedding. I'm at 4 months so we'll see if the communication starts to pick up any.