DO NOT USE: Julieta Wedding Florist

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Wow.  It's not like she just didn't understand your vision, she literally misrepresented herself and took a lot of your money.  I am so sorry you dealt with this.  Thanks for posting!

#22 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

this vendor or someone that worked for her actually created multiple user accounts and spammed the forum back in June/July.  we caught it and banned the members but they were actually the same person having a converstaion with themselves using different usernames,

shady.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#23 wedding decor

wedding decor
    • Banned
    • 109 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

Jana 297---Unfortunately you will find many vendors using pictures they have found on internet!!! I have seen Cancun vendors with pics of flowers with mountains in the back!!!!

#24 jana297

jana297
      • 646 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

This whole thing stresses me out!! I suppose I will just go with the resort florist! If it wasn't for this board and the reviews my entire wedding could have potentially been ruined along with any other brides that put their trust in her!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
        April 6, 2012

#25 shelbs97

shelbs97
        • 85 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

I'm actually really torn on who to use for my decor and rentals.  I was all ready to go with Planner1 Events, BUT - when I asked the specific questions - "are all the pictures you've emailed me actual weddings that Planner1 has done?"

The response was this - No, sometime we canĀ“t take photos from our set ups, but sometime the photographers send us pictures from our events. Almost all of the pictures included in our presentation and price list are ours and the others are from our suppliers or sent by other brides.

This concerns me!!!  I only asked the question because they have a picture of a cake that I printed off theknot.com MONTHS ago!  It's the exact picture.  So now I'm not sure WHAT to do.  I can't really find any reviews of great decor companies!

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#26 jana297

jana297
          • 646 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

Yes, well I see your concern and it is the same for me. I have decided to go through my resort I am getting married at after seeing these reviews and seeing for myself pictures that have been stolen from the knot.com. So far Julieta and your vendor have been shown to do that. Go through your resort for recomendations! That is your best bet!

April 6, 2012

#27 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

I am currently trying to get my deposit back from Julieta.  I made the deposit shortly before receiving the email and seeing this post.  I then emailed her and asked for my deposit due to these instances and that I didn't need the stress of worrying about this before my wedding.  She agreed, however I'm still waiting for my refund.  I emailed her again today saying that I hope she responds quickly with my refund because I would rather not open a paypal claim.  She responded saying that her paypal account is tied up at the moment....so we'll see.  I'll give her one more week because it's Christmas but if I don't have it by next Monday I'm going to have to open a dispute. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#28 jana297

jana297
              • 646 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

What? She really is a piece of work!! How can there be a hold up with pay pal? I really hope that bride sues her. I gave her the benefit of the doubt until Tammy mentioned her logging in under user names and having a conversation with herself. Then it pushed me over the edge when I found some of her pictures that she has as her own work off of the knot.com. We are all very lucky to have Tammy on her monitoring this stuff. Also very thankfull for this site she has put together for all of us.

Keep me posted! I sure hope you get your money back!

April 6, 2012

#29 ourvm

ourvm
                • 211 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm really sorry that some of you have had bad experiences.  I did use Julieta for our flowers for the ceremony and reception at Dreams Tulum so I can't comment on anything other than flowers but I was very happy with all our flower arrangements.  I was planning to post a preliminary review before I received photos from my photographer but am truly surprised (and sorry) with the negative reviews.

I made a last minute decision to hire an outside florist instead of using the resort because I wanted something different and frankly better response time and better pricing.  I traded Skype sessions, emails and photos with Julieta to ensure we were on the same page and she sent me samples of what she made (they were not photos from knots, marthastewart, .com, etc - you're right, some of the photos on her site are from those sites but I guess it didn't really bother me - I just figured she could do those as well...)

I'm posting photos of what I wanted and photos of samples that Julieta sent me as confirmation based on my budget.  My colors were white and pink so they were not as hot pink for the actual day.  My centerpieces were true to the samples that Julieta sent - I will post a more detailed review on the ceremony and reception flowers once I receive pictures from my wedding photographer.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Attached Files

#30 ourvm

ourvm
                  • 211 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Sorry - I forgot to mention also that I had found Julieta from another bride on this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users