• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RocknRobin04

RocknRobin04
  • Banned
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hi Brides!

I am in the begining stages of 'luggage shopping'! Since you all know that we will be traveling with a TON of stuff to our destination, i am looking for lightweight luggage sets. Any suggestions or packing advice?!?!?!

#2 murmel

murmel
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 1,407 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

We have been travelling with rolling duffel bags from Samsonite for the last few years. We love them. The bags are not very heavy, and they are easy to pack with clothes and the bottom is perfect for shoes. However if you plan on travelling with lots of fragile items I would suggest a hard sided suitcase!

Good luck :)

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#3 SWallace

SWallace
    • Site Supporter
    • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

I just bought some luggage from Kohl's for the same reason!  We are traveling with tons of stuff to our wedding!  I bought the most lightweight luggage I could find.  I think they are still having their sale today and tomorrow.  I bought a Delsey energy 2.0(i think that's what it is), super lightweight for a 29" upright.  It was $279 but I got it on sale for $109. 

You can check storage bins but you'd have to look up what dimensions are okay for your airline.  I decided to just buy extra sets of luggage to get my stuff down there. 

Hope this helps!!

#4 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
      • 547 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Some stores in Canada (and I am assuming in the US too!) have the measuring rack they use at the airport. This saved us when my Husband fell in love with a carry on bag and as we headed to the check-out, he tested it in the measuring stand and realized it didn't fit. I don't know why they make bags that don't fit! LOL

*~*JENN*~*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users