45 replies to this topic

#21 knitgirl13

• 276 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

Dress #2 is gorgeous!!

#22 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:34 AM

While I agree that both gowns are gorgeous in their own respect, I think you should wear your DREAM dresson your wedding day, regarless of where it's taking place....otherwise, I think you might regret it in the end!

** (I had the same issue -- actually, I had originally purchased a perfectly beach-appropriate gown, and after having SERIOUS doubts and dress-regret, I went with my heart and decided to get my huge, HEAVY Sottero & Midgley princess gown -- best decision ever!)

And yes, although it was somewhat cumbersome to move in and a little uncomfortable/hot in the Caribbean humidty, when I look at my photos now 6 months after my wedding, I am sooooo glad I got my 'over the top' gown!

Good luck and please let us know what you decide :)  I'm sure you'll look fabulous no matter which gown you go with!

#23 jana297

• 646 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

I would go with number 2. It may be more comfortable but it is still gorgeous and has alot of glam to it!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
        April 6, 2012

#24 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

I went with a heavy non-beachy dress.  Yes I sweated and was at time uncomfortable but it was the dress I loved and I wouldn't have had it any other way.  I say go for your dream dress though IMO both are very beautiful.  Good luck.

#25 tiffanyan02

• 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

I have a biased opinion since Dress #2 is my dress :) I ordered it last April and I was amazed at how light a beachy it was at my first fitting 2 weeks ago. I also struggled deciding on a dress, so my only advice is to go with your gut!

#26 tgallo

• 150 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

i love the second one! 

#27 Saranver2011

• 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thanks ladies! I was actually really surprised with my response to all of your feedback. I was convinced I was in love with dress 1 but found myself getting defensive about dress 2 far more so than dress 1. I think I'm going to go with #2! I am usually so decisive. I find I'm wavering a lot with my wedding decisions. I have to start making decisions and stop looking at other options. I just end up confusing myself!

#28 sonyaj

• 150 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Great decision!! Before I saw the photos and reading your description of the dresses I was thinking dress# 1. But then I saw the pics and realized dress #2 is just as glamorous and is a gorgeous dress in itself.

Good luck making your decisions going forward.

#29 MRR16

• 249 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

I think #2 is perfect.

#30 jay45

• 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I love dress #2!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users