Photo

Hostess gifts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bethtamar

bethtamar
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

Our engagement party is this weekend and our moms and sisters have gone above and beyond to throw us a fabulous fiesta to get everyone in the mood for Mexico next May! Are we supposed to bring them hostess/thank you gifts?!
    Beth and Jason
    May 25, 2008
    Nuevo Vallarta

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

I would get them something you know they are into, or a good bottle of wine, a plant/flowers, gift card, nice photo frame or album, etc.

I'm sure you don't have to but it's a nice gesture since you say they've worked so hard.

#3 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

Any more ideas for hostess gifts?
        Is a pedicure together before the wedding a nice enough gift?
        I am debating between something she can admire in her home, or a relaxing pedicure together before we leave for Mexico.

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:23 AM

I have just begun thinking about this also - our moms and my MTOH are throwing us an engagement party in 2 weeks and i am stumped - i was thinking of sending them each flowers the next day?

#5 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:04 PM

My cousin gave Harry & David gift baskets to me and my aunts when we threw her shower. I haven't decided on what to give yet, but was thinking of a lettuce entertain you gft card or Nordstrom Spa gift card.
            Michelle

#6 Lorilou

Lorilou
            • 533 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

my mom and sister in law are throwing me a shower in february. I don't know what to get either of them. My mom is coming to Puerto Vallarta so i was thinking something mexican like a sarong or outing while she's in PV. But my sis in law is pregnant and not going to the wedding. SO I don't know what to get her. Maybe a Harry and David basket would be nice. Does anyone else have any ideas? I'd like to go "fiesta" theme but feel bad b/c it might be inappropriate for my sis in law b/c she's not going to Mexico.

#7 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

I make jewelry so I'm making jewelry to match wedding outfits for everyone who has thrown us a party, shower, etc. I have one person who is throwing me a shower but not coming to the wedding, so I'm making her a really nice necklace of pearls that she can wear anytime.
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users