Photo

2012 Bride

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#241 kya101

kya101
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

Thank you for the awesome advice, the really hard thing about photos for us is where we live. We live way up north at the end of the highway in a very small town that doesn't have a lot to offer and what it does is $$$ in this town. We have thought about getting them done in the city when we go, but we never have time :( We do have a family friend who is "playng" around thinking about doing the photographer thing so we were thinking about asking her for fun. Wait and see I guess. We are so the same in forgetting about pics of us, we have great pics of all our friends and family, but none of us. I'm more of the behind the camera girl :P  Thanks again though!!!

Originally Posted by queenoftheu 

It really was a wonderful day! And kya101, I would advise you to check out any sort of Groupon or Living Social program in your area. There's even a daily deal from Wedding Channel. A LOT of those coupons end up being photography sessions, so if you keep track, you could end up finding a way to get them done for less than $100!

For me, my fiance and I are just so forgetful of taking pictures, so we only had maybe 3 good pictures of the 2 of us together. We really wanted to take some special pictures to commemorate the occasion.

In other news, we have 4 hotel rooms booked for our wedding! Woo hoo! I know it's silly, but that's what makes me feel like this is actually happening :)

#242 perry1217

perry1217
    • 355 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Is anyone else getting a LOT of push back on the prices?  Playacar Palace with airfare in January for 5 nights is looking around 1500-1600.  Ughhhhh!  What do you think my family would do if my FI and I decided to elope in Rome or Venice when we go at the end of this month?

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#243 kya101

kya101
      • 645 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

With the way fuel prices are starting to climb again I would imagine that the rates on EVERYthing else is going to climb as well... especially flights!!! If you can get group rates locked in now I would suggest it. We locked in a pretty group rate through Sunwing Vacations with a local travel agent and we only had to pay the deposite for bride and groom to hold 30 + spots for guests. From what I hear fuel prices are going to be through the roof this summer, already starting in my neck of the woods... 1.499 a litre!!!! AHHHH.... time to trade in the truck!!!!

#244 Future MrsO

Future MrsO
        • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hey! I am new on the site, have been looking around but not posting too much. I am having such a hard time deciding on a resort! We technically have a spot booked in the Dominican Republic at Majestic Colonial on April 14,2012, but now I am thinking Jamaica is better .

Any advice, or suggestions on choosing a resort would be so great! I am getting pretty stressed out about it because the save the dates have to go out soon!

#245 queenoftheu

queenoftheu
          • 87 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

I used to work for a travel wholesale company owned by Expedia, and I actually sold destination weddings for a living... You may want to think about doing it a different time of year. January through spring break is the most popular time of year to travel to Mexico, and therefore, it is also the most expensive. We chose to get married in May because the prices drop significantly by then, and they drop even more so for July-October.

Originally Posted by perry1217 

Is anyone else getting a LOT of push back on the prices?  Playacar Palace with airfare in January for 5 nights is looking around 1500-1600.  Ughhhhh!  What do you think my family would do if my FI and I decided to elope in Rome or Venice when we go at the end of this month?

#246 Tae123

Tae123
            • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

LOL @ Perry1217.... I assume they would be pissed.  But that would be ROMANTIC he he he

Originally Posted by perry1217 

#247 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
              • 237 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Welcome and congratulations!  Picking the resort was really tough for us as well.  We knew we what we wanted, but it was difficult selecting the resort that would meet our requirements, while taking into account our guests needs as well.  We looked at resorts all over the caribbean, mexico, bahamas, etc., and read a ton of reviews here and on Trip Advisor.  A good travel agent will also be able to hear what the 2 of you are looking for and help narrow down the choices.  In the end, we are really happy with our decision.  The most important thing that we just reminded ourselves was that at the end of the day we will be married...

Hey! I am new on the site, have been looking around but not posting too much. I am having such a hard time deciding on a resort! We technically have a spot booked in the Dominican Republic at Majestic Colonial on April 14,2012, but now I am thinking Jamaica is better .

Any advice, or suggestions on choosing a resort would be so great! I am getting pretty stressed out about it because the save the dates have to go out soon!

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#248 Future MrsO

Future MrsO
                • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for that reassurance I am not the only one :)

By the way who is your travel agent?

#249 deesanders33

deesanders33
                  • 329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Welcome to the forum!! I am getting married August 2012 in Punta Cana, Dominican

#250 deesanders33

deesanders33
                    • 329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Future MrsO - You need to go with your gut. I am with destinationweddings.com. My TA Christine Kennedy has been amazing at helping me pick out resorts. I was stressed with my first TA because she wasn't helping at all, but when I switched over all the stress went away. I told her what I was looking for and now 3 weeks later my FI and I have made a decision with NOW Larimar in Punta Cana! We are very happy with our decision. Honestly making the resort choice is going to be your hardest part.

BTW I just had a friend come back from Jamicia and she told me she wouldn't go there again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users