Photo

2012 Bride

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#191 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:34 AM

We did the opposite even though his family is much larger than mine.  But we both have massive amount of friends etc.  We are not having an AHR because we are buying a home.  In addition, we would spend more for the AHR than the wedding because of the people that we know.  For us it would be have been a big debt which is what facilitated a destination wedding ;-)  But so far everyone says "oh we are going to make a vacation out of it" or "this will be our vacation for the year"  we will see as the STDs go out in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Samantha88k 

75 would be amazing!!! We are hoping for 30-35 because we tried to limit our guests to immediate family and close friends to keep it "fair" due to the differences in the size of our families. Soooo that means we are having a rather LARGE AHR. Yikes!

#192 J-me

J-me
    • 398 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Thanks! And apologies for the delayed response - still learning how to navigate around here :)

I have a friend that got married at MP - they loved it! We decided on Aventura Cove...

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Congrats J-me!1

I'm a fellow April 2012 Bride.  Where are you getting married?  We are getting married at MP

#193 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

I am so excited I just had to post this somewhere...we have our first 2 guests booked!!!! WOOHOO!

Makes it feel a little more real.

#194 jamieirene

jamieirene
        • 650 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

Hi ladies im july 2012 bride.getting married at the riu caribe...any other riu car:(ibe brides out there? I am yet to find any....

#195 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Go Sharon!!!!

I am so excited I just had to post this somewhere...we have our first 2 guests booked!!!! WOOHOO!

Makes it feel a little more real.

#196 KayCee2117

KayCee2117
            • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

We are getting married in February 2012 in Mayan Riviera! So excited! Congratulations to all you fellow brides and happy planning everyone! :)

#197 queenoftheu

queenoftheu
              • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

I have no idea how I missed this forum!

I'm a 2012 bride! I used to work for a travel wholesaler booking destination weddings, so I was pretty sure I wanted to have one myself when the time came. My FI and I took a trip to Secrets Maroma after we'd been dating 6 weeks in December '09, and that's where we fell in love. We immediately started talking about getting married in the Riviera Maya, especially since our family is spread out from the East Coast to California.

While we wanted to do Secrets Maroma, it's adults only, and I have a 16 year old little brother. I started looking around at different resorts. I saw pictures from a friend's honeymoon on Facebook last summer, but I wasn't familiar with the hotel. It turned out to be the Royal PDC, which is adults only for 16 and over! I didn't sell this hotel, but the more I researched it, the more I realized it was exactly what we were looking for! And this way, we get to go back to Secrets for our honeymoon :)

My FI proposed this February in Napa, and we are officially booked for May 19, 2012!

As for my dress, we got engaged on a Friday, and I was in my first dress appointment by that Wednesday! I was so excited! My mom lives in Chicago and I live in California, so I went to a couple of stores to narrow it down before she came out here to shop. She's coming next weekend, and I've narrowed it down to 3 dresses to show her. Of course, I have a favorite, when I emailed the styles to her, it's her favorite, too! I can't wait to finally buy it!

I have also made the executive decision to do some cake tasting locally... We should not be deprived of this experience just because we're getting married in Mexico! :)

I'm having the best time being a bride, and I hope you all are, too!

#198 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
                • 237 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm a 2012 bride as well.  We got engaged in January, and I know the time until July 2012 is going to fly.  I look forward to getting to know everyone and bouncing ideas and frustrations off of each other.

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                  Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#199 kya101

kya101
                  • 645 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hi all... we finally got to start booking Monday!!! So far 4 + Us and lots of calls for booking next week!!!! So excited. We sent out 75 invites and we're expecting about 60 + guests attending. So excited and having a blast planning. We actually just got our cups for the OOT Bags in today and we LOVE them. Got a great deal on ebay and they're personalized!!! Happy planning Ladies!!! Oh and 9 months from today we'll be getting on a jet plane to PV!!!!! YAY!!!!

#200 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                    • 2,136 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

Kya101

Congrats...its so exciting and surreal.  Would you mind posting a pictures or sharing where you got your cups from for those of us still searching ;-)

Thanks so much and happy planning'

Originally Posted by kya101 

Hi all... we finally got to start booking Monday!!! So far 4 + Us and lots of calls for booking next week!!!! So excited. We sent out 75 invites and we're expecting about 60 + guests attending. So excited and having a blast planning. We actually just got our cups for the OOT Bags in today and we LOVE them. Got a great deal on ebay and they're personalized!!! Happy planning Ladies!!! Oh and 9 months from today we'll be getting on a jet plane to PV!!!!! YAY!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users