Sign in to follow this  
780chick

2012 Bride

Oh fyi, (I see you are getting married July2012, I am April2012) they are going to tell you it's too early for airfare pricing & it may even be too early for the resort prices. But some resorts are out now & they do have an estimate of what the resort would cost for next year. Airfare can only be bookedquoted for up to a year in advance but at least you will have an idea on the resort for now. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions & I will try to help!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 go_quote.gif

I actually was trying to get rates from Liberty Travel & some other local place. No such luck...

Delgadot I came across a thread on here & have been in contact with the travel agents associated from this site.
Her name is Wendy Hicks (PM her or wendy@wrighttravelagency.com) and she is amazing. I have been emailing her for about a week now & she has been so much help. She has given me pricing & answered every question & concern I have had. I definitely recommend her. We will be signing our contract with her within the next week!

I hope this helps you. I felt the same way as you until I emailed her, which she wrote me back within a day!

Hi Sharon,

I'm an April 2012 Bride as well. Where are you getting married?  I'm MP

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

Oh fyi, (I see you are getting married July2012, I am April2012) they are going to tell you it's too early for airfare pricing & it may even be too early for the resort prices. But some resorts are out now & they do have an estimate of what the resort would cost for next year. Airfare can only be bookedquoted for up to a year in advance but at least you will have an idea on the resort for now. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions & I will try to help!

Hello! Congrats to you!! I think we have chatted in this thread fellow Philly bride! Its hard to keep track. Some names are starting to looking familiar to me. My friend has been to Moon Palace & said it was great. I hope you have a beautiful wedding! My FI & I have went to Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico twice & fell in love with the place. We figured why not get married there since we love it so much!! We always go in September so I am just hoping its not super hot there in April. Have you been to Cancun in April?

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Hi Sharon,

I'm an April 2012 Bride as well. Where are you getting married?  I'm MP

Congrats and happy planning!! Im also an April 2012 bride, we haven't decided on our resort yet, thought we had but changed our mind. April is pretty warm, definitely warmer than Sept but still bareable!  

My sentiments exactly ;-) 

Originally Posted by Ali12 View Post

Congrats and happy planning!! Im also an April 2012 bride, we haven't decided on our resort yet, thought we had but changed our mind. April is pretty warm, definitely warmer than Sept but still bareable!  

Great, I thought September was pretty warm!! lol! Hope my makeup doesn't drip off!

Good luck with finding a resort! Sounds like there are so many great places out there I am sure you wont be disappointed.

You will be good!!! I have never been in September so i cant really compare but I have been in Nov, Dec and May...i found May was pretty hot, but Nov/Dec wasn't hot enough, I love the sun so I'm looking forward to April but I really think you will be fine :) A friend told me about some powder you can put on to help your make-up I will get the name and let you know!!! Anything that will help right, I'm a little worried about that too!

Hey Ali!  I am getting married married in January - what was the weather like in December when you went?  We are getting married in Playa del Carmen

You will be good!!! I have never been in September so i cant really compare but I have been in Nov, Dec and May...i found May was pretty hot, but Nov/Dec wasn't hot enough, I love the sun so I'm looking forward to April but I really think you will be fine :) A friend told me about some powder you can put on to help your make-up I will get the name and let you know!!! Anything that will help right, I'm a little worried about that too!

It was warm during the day but cool at night, I wore a little sweater almost every night but other than that it was good. I had a friend get married in Jan and she said it was nice. 

Good to know - Thanks! I love the sun too & figured April is one of the less rainy months. We will be there a few days before hand & I keep telling myself I have to remember to not get burnt or strap tan lines!