El Dorado Royale Wedding Slide show!

I e-mailed leigh Friday morning in request for prices and packages and I received this e-mail back late Saturday night. She/he is out of San Diego area and would require travel fees, but said that there isnt a flat fee for this it just depends on what the exact cost of travel is for that time of year ect... Also said that all the destination weddings she/he does include a 1 1/2 hour of Rehearsal dinner photography and also a 1 hour day after the wedding photography.

Here is the 2007 price list and package info:

Leigh Miller Photography

619-913-0913

leighmillerphotography.com

leigh@leighmillerphotography.com

www.leighmillerphotography.blogspot.com

the following prices include:

*pre-wedding consultations

*unlimited photographs taken at your wedding by leigh and an associate photographer

*a library bound proofbook of 200 photographs - combination of b/w and color, images chosen by photographer

*online proofing of the entire edited event - this also allows family and friends to view and order prints directly

*negatives on a CD to keep for personal use

6 hours - $3500

8 hours + $1600 album credit (see albums below) - $4500

8 hours + $1600 album credit (see albums below), engagement session with online proofing and a $100 print credit, and

two 6x8 or 8x8 parent albums - - $5500

all prices + tax

additional hours may be added to any package for $350 per hour. custom packages available.

Album prices are as follows –

Leather Craftsmen – Coffee Table Album – 20 pages/40 sides

8x10 or 10x10 - $1600 – additional pages - $50

10x12 or 12x12 - $2000 – additional pages - $75

11x14 or 14x14 - $2400 – additional pages - $100

Parent albums – duplicate of the main album – 5x7 or 5x5 - $300

6x8 or 8x8 - $500

Leather Craftsmen Matted Album – 20 pages/40 sides

8x10 or 8x8 – $1600 – additional pages - $50

10x12 or 10x10 – $2000 – additional pages - $75

11x14 - $2400 – additional pages - $100

Parent albums – 40 photos, single photo per page – 5x7 or 5x5 - $300

6x8 or 8x8 - $500

Cypress Albums – 15 pages/30 sides

8x10 - $1600 – additional pages $75

10 x13 - $2000 – additional pages $125

12x15 - $2400 – additional pages $200

engagement sessions are $350 and include a $100 credit.

print prices are as follows:

4x6 - $10.00

5x7 - $14.00

8x10 - $25.00

11x14 - $50.00

gift registry available. prices are subject to change prior to booking and receipt of the 50% retainer. travel expenses may apply for locations outside the san diego/los angeles area.

please contact me if you have any questions. i look forward to hearing from you. thank you for your inquiry.

best wishes - leigh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYTA View Post
Thanks for posting that I love their work....but I think there are a lot of great photographers in Cabo for cheaper if yo're looking to save some of your pennies

i love her work as well...but that is like $5000 after you add travel costs...and doesn't even include a book. sad.gif
but she is worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolj View Post
I'm in Waterford. Not too far!

We just did a quick mini-vacation to Disneyland this past weekend (decided to go Tuesday night, left Saturday.) It was in the 80's and 90's, and sunny. I didn't want to come back!
Nope, you're not too far away. Ooh, Disnwyland sounds so awesome right now. That's funny- I love your spontaneous vacation. That's how my FI and I do things too. We decided to do a site visit in September to Cabo and booked it a week before we left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYTA View Post
ya i was thinking buy ur beautiful designer wedding dress and than just buy a simple white cheap dress and do those pics...well that's just me sry I just fell in love with the pics and i get a little too excited when it comes 2 photos
That's kinda what I was thinking too. Although, I already have that first dress that i bought and I think I could justify using it. I'm thinking about emailing Juan and asking if he's available the next day after our wedding to do some "water pics."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19 View Post
I just looked at the blog. HOW COOL!!! and ofcourse (sometimes my head is in the clouds) just buy another nice white dress. I just e-mailed leigh, to see about prices and packages. It said on the blog that wedding weekends start at 3300 or 3700 something like that. I'm sure I would have to pay extra for traveling fee. I cant wait to hear back from them.
I love the idea of trashing your dress, except that I'm too sentinmental. I don't think I could ever sell my dress, and I really don't think I could trash it! Buying another dress seems like the best option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19 View Post
I e-mailed leigh Friday morning in request for prices and packages and I received this e-mail back late Saturday night. She/he is out of San Diego area and would require travel fees, but said that there isnt a flat fee for this it just depends on what the exact cost of travel is for that time of year ect... Also said that all the destination weddings she/he does include a 1 1/2 hour of Rehearsal dinner photography and also a 1 hour day after the wedding photography.

Here is the 2007 price list and package info:

Leigh Miller Photography
619-913-0913
www.leighmillerphotography.blogspot.com
the following prices include:
*unlimited photographs taken at your wedding by leigh and an associate photographer
*a library bound proofbook of 200 photographs - combination of b/w and color, images chosen by photographer
*online proofing of the entire edited event - this also allows family and friends to view and order prints directly
6 hours - $3500
8 hours + $1600 album credit (see albums below) - $4500
8 hours + $1600 album credit (see albums below), engagement session with online proofing and a $100 print credit, and
two 6x8 or 8x8 parent albums - - $5500
all prices + tax
additional hours may be added to any package for $350 per hour. custom packages available.
Album prices are as follows –
Leather Craftsmen – Coffee Table Album – 20 pages/40 sides
8x10 or 10x10 - $1600 – additional pages - $50
10x12 or 12x12 - $2000 – additional pages - $75
11x14 or 14x14 - $2400 – additional pages - $100
Parent albums – duplicate of the main album – 5x7 or 5x5 - $300
6x8 or 8x8 - $500
Leather Craftsmen Matted Album – 20 pages/40 sides
8x10 or 8x8 – $1600 – additional pages - $50
10x12 or 10x10 – $2000 – additional pages - $75
11x14 - $2400 – additional pages - $100
Parent albums – 40 photos, single photo per page – 5x7 or 5x5 - $300
6x8 or 8x8 - $500
Cypress Albums – 15 pages/30 sides
8x10 - $1600 – additional pages $75
10 x13 - $2000 – additional pages $125
12x15 - $2400 – additional pages $200
engagement sessions are $350 and include a $100 credit.
4x6 - $10.00
5x7 - $14.00
8x10 - $25.00
11x14 - $50.00
gift registry available. prices are subject to change prior to booking and receipt of the 50% retainer. travel expenses may apply for locations outside the san diego/los angeles area.
please contact me if you have any questions. i look forward to hearing from you. thank you for your inquiry.
best wishes - leigh
Hey Jackie,

I almost booked Leigh for my wedding, but ended up going with another photographer. I actually feel kind of bad, but when it came down to it, I found another photographer that was more experienced and charged me less. She's amazing though, and is sure to give you great photos. I still regularly check her blog and when I saw april and nate's photos, I couldn't help but feel a slight bit of regret for not booking her.

Her package must have changed, because when I was planning to use her she did include more in her DW package. I think that she actually may have sent you her local pricing, rather than her DW pricing so just in case i will post her DW package below

Quote:
Leigh Miller Photography

619-913-0913

my destination wedding package is $6000 and includes 2-3 days of coverage and the following:

* rehearsal dinner coverage – up to 2 hours

*bridal shoot the day before or after your wedding - up to 2 hours

*8 hours of photography and unlimited locations on your wedding day

*a library bound proofbook of 300 photographs - combination of b/w and color, images chosen by photographer

*online proofing of entire edited event - this also allows family and friends to view and order prints directly

*a 9x12, 40 page album from graphistudio or a 20 page album from cypress albums or leather craftsmen, each album valued at $1500 (or a $1500 album credit toward the album of your choice)

*2 parent albums – style of parent album depends on primary album choice

*no additional travel fees or expenses for most locations

4x6 - $10.00

5x7 - $14.00

8x10 - $25.00

11x14 - $50.00

gift registry available. prices are subject to change prior to booking and receipt of the 50% deposit. please contact me if you have any questions. i look forward to hearing from you. thank you for your inquiry.

best wishes - leigh
this may or may not help you make a decision. For us, photography was at the top of our list and we felt more comfortable hiring someone from here that we could contact before and after the fact with ease. But as evidenced by the work on this forum, there are some phenomenal photographers in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weez View Post
Hi guys, cool slideshow! Just received a confirmation for our wedding at the ElDorado for the 24th March so it was great to see some pictures of an actual wedding there! Am getting pretty excited already!

Good for you. How exciting. I might have to change my damn resort (Occidental Grand Xcaret) if these people dont get back to me. So Agravating. I'm going to give them a call if I dont hear from them soon. Yeah, I cant wait to hear all about the El Dorado!!!! I'm so excited for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post
Hey Jackie,

I almost booked Leigh for my wedding, but ended up going with another photographer. I actually feel kind of bad, but when it came down to it, I found another photographer that was more experienced and charged me less. She's amazing though, and is sure to give you great photos. I still regularly check her blog and when I saw april and nate's photos, I couldn't help but feel a slight bit of regret for not booking her.

Her package must have changed, because when I was planning to use her she did include more in her DW package. I think that she actually may have sent you her local pricing, rather than her DW pricing so just in case i will post her DW package below

this may or may not help you make a decision. For us, photography was at the top of our list and we felt more comfortable hiring someone from here that we could contact before and after the fact with ease. But as evidenced by the work on this forum, there are some phenomenal photographers in Mexico.

Thanks that does help. Yup photography is at the top of my list. And I think I might have found someone that I think is good enough and in my price range.
Shes local, so no traveling fees. That was the killer for me.

• 2 months later...

That slide show is so beautiful! Does anyone know whose it is or how they had it done? Does the EDR have a photographer that does pics/slideshow like that, or did they get the digital pics and then just make a slide show?

I'm just starting to plan my wedding for june 08 at the EDR but we're having a big reception when we get home and I wanted to play a slide show like that for everyone that wasn't at the wedding.....Any ideas, please let me know:) Thanks soooo much!!!