Photo

When should we buy the wedding bands?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 schmizer

schmizer
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

We already have our's picked out and will be purchasing soon, since mine is being custom made.  We have the money right now and want to get things checked off the list!

#12 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

It's really whenever you want to get them like most girls have said.  We bought my band about 2 weeks after he proposed, which was 1.5 years ago.  FI ordered his band 3 weeks ago and it just came in today actually! Our wedding is May 6.  I like to have things checked off the list so I would say the sooner the better just so it's one more thing you'll have done. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#13 islandbride8

islandbride8
      • 315 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

We're getting married end of June 2011.  We were going to buy with all the Christmas sales going on, but finances aren't exactly great right now, so we're shooting for the Valentine's Day sales in February!

#14 christinebauer

christinebauer
        • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

You should have them at least a month before your wedding date to prevent any undue stress.  But, you should start looking and doing your research about 3-4 months before your wedding date.  You probably don't need 3-4 months to figure out what you want, but usually, if you know what you want, you can wait until there is a holiday and occasion for jewelry stores to hae a sale.  then you can save some money and buy them during the sale so you save some money.  I guess the saying "The early bird, gets the worm" applies here.

#15 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
          • Banned
          • 630 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

If you have time, then you should shop sooner rather than later and then wait for sales.  We bought our bands about 11 months in advance just because it is one of the easier things to check off the list without knowing a guest count! 

The jewlery store I got my ring from was having a 20% off sale the first weekend in December so we lucked out.  Best to know what you want and then keep an eye out for a sale.

#16 ryan190

ryan190
            • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

You should really buy them as early as possible.   Our wedding is not for another year but we bought ours from http://www.larsonjewelers.com/ already.   We expected the rings to arrive in 2 days but since we wanted engraving, it added an additional 2 days so if we were having the wedding in 2 days, it would not have made it.   A friend of mine completely forgot and they needed their rings sent to their hotel in Vega the day before their wedding.

#17 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

The earlier the better! We priced out my ring in the middle of November because I wanted the matching Platinum band, the price has gone up $250 since then. Thankfully, the store has honored the original quote. My ring is Tacori, so they never go on sale, the price just rises with the cost of metals. FI's ring we luckily found a 50% off sale, and the day after we bought was back up to $1800!

So it's never too early to look around.

#18 babestaaa

babestaaa
                • 212 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

We're getting married Aug 2012..so I'd say something in the spring/early summer..or sooner if we find a sale. We just want plain bands. No biggies :P

#19 ablj209

ablj209
                  • 218 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:34 AM

FI and I went ring shopping last weekend.  Our wedding is in 3 weeks.  Truthfully, we left it a little too late!  Most of the jewelery stores told us that anything that needed to be ordered would take 6 weeks to come in.  Luckily, we were able to find the rings that we wanted and in our sizes and bought them on the spot!  Phew!

#20 traceysteve

traceysteve
                    • 328 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

If you have time, then you should shop sooner rather than later and then wait for sales.  We bought our bands about 11 months in advance just because it is one of the easier things to check off the list without knowing a guest count! 

The jewlery store I got my ring from was having a 20% off sale the first weekend in December so we lucked out.  Best to know what you want and then keep an eye out for a sale.

You are absolutely right, about checking it off the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users