When should we buy the wedding bands?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 schayer

• 42 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

I've done some research on the site before posting but i didn't find an answer to my question.

When should we buy our wedding bands? When should we start "shopping"?

Is there an ideal time line? Our wedding is in April.

#2 karyan

• 184 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

I think it just depends on you and your FI. I'm keen to get it sorted sooner rather then later (we're 11 months from the wedding) and I know someone else who bought them 6 months before the wedding....I think 4 or 3 months before is "standard" time

#3 slandro06

• 153 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

We actually just bought ours last night and we are getting married in June. We had the money so we figured we would just get it out of the way...

#4 Lua

• 1,231 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:09 AM

I don't think there's really such a thing as a 'set time' ..... my wedding is also in April and my FI and I are waiting to see if there are any holiday or post-holiday sales on the rings we want

#5 AfricanVenus

• 328 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

We're getting married June 2011. I just bought my FI's ring last Saturday because the ring he wanted was on sale for 50% off! We figured, why the heck not?! When he's finished paying off my E-ring, he'll move on to my WB. It's going to have to be custom made to fit. My sister and I went to a bridal expo and they gave us gift cards for two free wedding bands. I told him, so he wouldn't stress himself out with all we got going on, to just get my WB using the gift card and we'll use that as my WB for the wedding. We ordered that last week too (he even ordered himself an E-ring to ward off the ladies he says, lol). After we come back, and things settle down money-wise, then he'll buy me the custom WB.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
            Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#6 Ellabaja1983

• 1,541 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

I agree that there really isn't a set time.  My FI and I are getting married in April as well, and we bought ours over the summer because we had found the ones we really liked. 

Right now with the time of year it is, I agree with Lua - see what kind of sales were are with the holidays.  This will probably be the cheapest time of the year to purchase!  Good luck!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#7 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I want to buy ours ASAP. With the price of platinum and gold rising so quickly I think it is best to look down a price now. We both want platinum rings and they are only getting more expensive as the days go by. Hopefully, we can settle on something sooner rather than later.

#8 schayer

• 42 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Ladies! I haven't thought about shopping early and wait to buy when on sale. 

I didn't want to buy too early because I though I might want to wear it early (bad toughs - that must be bad luck lol)

#9 fmichelle

• 298 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

My wedding is also in April and I'm pushing my FI to go shopping now since mine will have to be custom ordered (my E-ring took almost 8 weeks because of the small size)  We actually lucked out and found a band he liked when we were vacationing in Hawaii last week with titanium and koa wood, so we've at least gotten that taken care of.  I was concerned about buying over the internet because sizes aren't always exact and since he was getting titanium, there was no way to resize it.  We'll probably go back to the store where he bought my e-ring since he was able to negotiate a good deal with them.  I'd recommend like the other ladies, sooner rather than later, it's not something you want to buy in a rush because of an upcoming deadline.

#10 bmadzia1

• 355 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

I'm not getting married until Sept. 2011, but I'm already looking around.  Like one of the other girls said, with the price of gold continuesly going up, if we find a good price, we'll get it earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users