My DIY Airline Ticket Invitation

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 cvljk7

• 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

where did you get the template?!? I absolutely love these!

#52 MayBridetobe12

• 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

You and your team did such an amazing job. I know that you worked extremely hard but I was hoping that you would be willing to share your template? I am getting married in Mexico in May and am also planning on doing my own invites but I started to give up on that thought until I seen this Forum. If your willing to share could you please send it to jennyosipenko@hotmail.com. I also have a great to team to help me but I really don't think they are capable of doing the template lol I'll leave them to the cutting and pasting, Also do you recommend a glue? I do scrapbook so not sure if I would use the same. I obviously don't want them falling apart in the mail (that would be horrible) Thank you!!!!!!!!

#53 emstypes

• 243 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Any chance you still have the template and would love to share?? :)

#54 ShellyCarter

• 217 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

wow looks amazing!

Married! xo

#55 memckinnon

• 59 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by dby88 

Here is some information and photos about our DIY airline ticket wedding invitations.

Since one of the reasons we are getting married in Mexico is sharing our love of travel, I wanted to incorporate it somehow. We also have a few map inspired gifts in the welcome bags, luggage tag seating cards and destination table names. My mom loves to make homemade cards and she is really good at it, so I never considered anything other than she and I making our wedding invitations.

We looked all over for inspiration and found very creative ideas for passport invitations and luggage tag invitations, but choose to go with airplane ticket invitations. Our wedding colors are royal blue and sunrise orange - not for any sports team (people keep asking if its for the Denver Broncos or Chicago Bears) - but because my ring is a brilliant blue sapphire and I love bright orange flowers.

Thankfully, my fiance has a good eye for design as he laid out the copy for the "tickets" and then my mom and I took over. We printed out the pages, cut them apart, snipped the corners, stamped travel designs, folded, glued and tied our way to what we think are a beautiful finished product. I can't wait to work on some more projects!

#56 coquine

• 236 posts
            • Wedding Location:St-Thomas

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

You did such a nice job. Very nice blue and orange. Love it!

#57 ncruz06

• 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

I want something similar for my STD

#58 DazzlingDeb23

• 151 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

great job!

#59 melbivona

• 151 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

i love them, sophisticated and fun!

#60 BrideVee

• 161 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

I can't believe these are DIY. They look like they are made by professionals!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users