• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wisco4
    Me too! What songs are you girls using for that? I've always loved the Father Daughter song by Paul Simon and it's even kind of fast so I thought that would help but it doesn't I still bawl when I hear it.

we're using, Tim McGraws "My Little Girl" I had 3 or 4 songs that I liked and had a hard time deciding, but I just really LOVE this song and thought it would be perfect!

#12 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:18 PM

Oh ya, I cry too - and I KNOW I'll cry during like the entire ceremony. Just embrace the fact that you're emotional and go prepared. I think if you try to hold it back, it makes it worse, plus - you'll be so concerned about not crying, you won't be enjoying your wedding! Waterproof mascara, a BM with touch-up makeup and lots of kleenix and you'll get through it just fine!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#13 CaboDate

CaboDate
      • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CourtneyV
        Oh ya, I cry too - and I KNOW I'll cry during like the entire ceremony. Just embrace the fact that you're emotional and go prepared. I think if you try to hold it back, it makes it worse, plus - you'll be so concerned about not crying, you won't be enjoying your wedding! Waterproof mascara, a BM with touch-up makeup and lots of kleenix and you'll get through it just fine!
        Good point.. I figure with everything going on.. I may not cry as much as I fear I will..
        Borrowing one of my dad's hankies too.. It serves as my "borrowed" item for the big day!
        Amy & Todd
        Cabo San Lucas
        October 20th, 2007

#14 diana2008

diana2008
        • 42 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

At a wedding I was in last year, the bride had the first couple bridesmaids in the line next to her hold a tissue in their hand - we just sort of wrapped it around the part of our bouquet that we were holding so you couldn't see it - and when she needed one during the ceremony, it was easy to just pass it right over to her without a lot of commotion.

I've been getting really emotional about things lately, too, but you just have to go with it! I thought I would cry at my graduations over the years, but I held it together at those, so you never know.
          Diana & Robert
          July 5, 2008
          Cabo Surf Hotel

#15 CaboDate

CaboDate
          • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:53 PM

I was already a crier at weddings.. My own.. is going to be waterworks I'm sure.. Unless nerves kick in and I'm focused on nerves..
            Amy & Todd
            Cabo San Lucas
            October 20th, 2007

#16 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Wisco4
              Me too! What songs are you girls using for that? I've always loved the Father Daughter song by Paul Simon and it's even kind of fast so I thought that would help but it doesn't I still bawl when I hear it.
              I am using "I Loved Her First" by Heartland

#17 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

I don't normally cry but before the wedding I had to fight it many times. During our ceremony their were a couple moments that I wanted to cry and I held it back.. I look back at my pictures now and I can see it in my face.. lol

#18 NYJen

NYJen
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Maybe if you try to think about it in a business sense - you know, like you're "closing the deal." Not sure if that will work.

Luckily for me, I'm hard-of-hearing. I plan to shut off my hearing aids so I don't hear anything. Plus, I don't plan on looking at my mother at all. She'll be bawling the whole time - one look at her and it's all over.

#19 CaboDate

CaboDate
                  • 129 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

It's funny at my sister's wedding a few years ago. The minister actually started crying. And this is not like it was someone we knew from childhood.. he had just met them a few months before. Sweet I guess.. but it made me, and my sister, chuckle.
                    Amy & Todd
                    Cabo San Lucas
                    October 20th, 2007

#20 dragonfly

dragonfly
                    • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

I cry at everything, so I thought I was going to cry. I was feeling the tears coming as I was walking down the isle, but once I reached Everton all I did was smile, and laugh, everything just felt so right.. You can't predict what you are going to do, that is the wonderful thing about emotions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users