Photo

How Soon Did Guests Book Flights/Hotel to Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 mchili5

mchili5
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

I booked way too early (march 2010) for my may 2011 wedding but the travel agent said it was a good price and a good idea to make sure the seats and hotel are available...needless to say the prices have gone down and my travel agent is no longer willing to make a price reduction as previously promised (apparently the airline does not do this...wish i knew this before we booked) but since your wedding is about 8 months away I would say wait till about jan or feb and if the prices seem good just go ahead with it to save yourself the headache and worry :) 

Ablj209 - who did you book with?

#12 natalie7

natalie7
    • Site Supporter
    • 298 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

I guess you can take your chances.. but my FI is not willing to do this... I am.. but he is not... so we went with the safe bet...

#13 ablj209

ablj209
      • 218 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mchili5 

I booked way too early (march 2010) for my may 2011 wedding but the travel agent said it was a good price and a good idea to make sure the seats and hotel are available...needless to say the prices have gone down and my travel agent is no longer willing to make a price reduction as previously promised (apparently the airline does not do this...wish i knew this before we booked) but since your wedding is about 8 months away I would say wait till about jan or feb and if the prices seem good just go ahead with it to save yourself the headache and worry :) 

Ablj209 - who did you book with?

#14 ablj209

ablj209
        • 218 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

@mchili5 - not sure what happened with my previous post, it got lost in cyberspace!!

We were looking to add new members to our group, so my TA was in contact with Sunwing and noticed that the price had dropped significantly.  Although we were originally told that we were not allowed adjustments, she worked her magic and was able to get all of us the new rate.

#15 natalie7

natalie7
          • Site Supporter
          • 298 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Once my guests book they can't get a lower rate. Is this how is works??? Or were ur rates just "reserved"???

#16 mchili5

mchili5
            • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

it honestly depends on your travel agent ... 

#17 natalie7

natalie7
              • Site Supporter
              • 298 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:16 AM

THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!

#18 jrod07

jrod07
                • Site Supporter
                • 98 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hi Natalie,

I just saw your posts today which is why I didn't reply sooner.  What we ended up doing was telling guests about the Winter Discount GoGo tours was promoting at the Majestic.  I believe this ended Nov. 30, 2010.  66 guests took advantage of the offer and booked their hotel.  My travel agent told us to hold off on purchasing flights because before Dec. airlines don't have discounts and you pay full rack price.  She recommended we purchase after January.  Right now she's monitoring the fares and will let me know when the best time to book air travel.  We are most likely going to fly JetBlue.  How many guests are you expecting?  What's your setup?  We are having a catholic ceremony at the chapel, dinner at the steakhouse, and reception at the Wetbar. 

#19 princesskaos

princesskaos
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hi ablj209

wondering what travel agency you used to book to get the one time price adjustment for your group?  We are looking at the Riu Palace for January 2012.

Thanks!

#20 jamie0820

jamie0820
                    • 183 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

We booked 9 months in advance, and within the first month after that guests started booking.  We're now 6 months out and there are still people that haven't booked yet...but the prices are going up instead of down! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users