If money was no object...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

I tried searching for this thread and was surprised not to find it (unless I did it wrong) but i'm just curious.....If money was no object what one thing would you add or upgrade to your wedding?

#2 CamLovesJA

• 301 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

I would be paying for every single member of our family and all of our friends trips and I would have Maxwell sing us down the aisle and Beyonce and Jay Z for evening entertainment 

#3 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

If money was no object I would be getting married in Greece

#4 jenandmark

• 159 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

I agree...I would be paying for all my family and friends to be there with us...and I would move the date up!  No longer need the year to save up for just my own trip!  :)

Gran Bahia Principe ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ November 11th, 2011

#5 clgriffi7

• Banned
          • 630 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

I agree that I would be paying for everyone's trip to the wedding.  If I had won this theoretical lottery before starting the planning, I would likely have chosen a more exotic location...

Also, I would have the most amazing honeymoon trip.  I wouldn't have to worry about vacation days from work (just don't pay me for those extra days I am taking) or the cost of traveling to several locations.

#6 AfricanVenus

• 328 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

This is a great question! I would be paying for more people to come, more flowers, staying at a villa, Elizabeth Lloyd or Medina for photography, Plush Catering, and to stay in PV longer. The list could go on and on...

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
              Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#7 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Thanks AfricanVenus....When I posted I was thinking about the splurges like a designer dress, flying in awesome flowers and having gourmet cake and paying for everyone I want to be there's tickets....then I realized who I really want to be there {our grandmothers who have passed} can't and so I think I'd rather have amazing photography and video so that the day can last {forever} so that everyone who can't be there can enjoy it and hopefully one day my kids can enjoy it... but other than that I'm so with Jenandmark.... it does something to my FI's confidence that we have to wait and save up and I wish I had the money to make that all go away :)

#8 amandasalways

• 150 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

If I could only pick one thing it would be photography, but I would definately be going somewhere more exotic and paying for all my guests. And for all of them to go on excursions with us.

#9 hamme

• 194 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

We plan on paying for our immediate families. Everyone else is just icing on the cake but it would be great if we could give everyone who comes a anniversary return trip to celebrate all of our future anniversaries together. I love my family and I want to share time with them and great memories...that's why we are doing a DW!!!

#10 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

If money were no object, we'd pay for everyone's stay and charter a private plan to get everyone there. After the wedding we'd travel the world on our five month honeymoon.

A girl can dream, right? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users