Photo

2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days - Diet/Exercise advice?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by B&G
    Everyone has such good advice! Now my motivation should just be the fact that my wedding is so soon....Of course, I'm sitting here eating a huge plate of brownies, which isn't helping!

We really need to start going to the gym. REALLY need to start. =)
    Back away from the brownies and GO TO THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!! That's where I'm headed right now...argh!

#12 jak27

jak27
    • 715 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

If you need motivation, and a support group to check in with you and make sure you're meeting your goals, or if you just want to join for fun, we set up a blog for us workout gals that needed a little push.

It's pretty theraputic to admit to meeting a goal or missing one...and there's great advice too.

Here's the thread with the info:

http://bestdestinati....countable.html

And our blog is:

Workoutgals Weblog

There's also this thread, that people really enjoy:

http://bestdestinati....sed-today.html

#13 B&G

B&G
      • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        I've been trying to motivate myself since January and I'm now about 2 months away and have just decided that I have to be good from now until I get to mexico, It really sucks, I'm so hungry right now, I could go for some of those brownies you're eating!
        Woo-Woo! I can't wait until I see "1 month" on my wedding ticker!

And if I could, I'd pass some of these brownies through the computer screen so I could have someone guilty alongside of me.

*sigh* To the gym we go.
        Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
        Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
        Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#14 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

Brooke, I am right there with you. I have so much weight to lose to be at my goal weight, yet I ate a chocolate bar today. I am not sure why, but I am having the hardest time ever motivating myself to eat right, yet you would think it would be the biggest motivator. Its hard, I have no idea what to do next.

Sorry, I am sure that did not help you at all. lol

#15 ajncooter

ajncooter
          • 983 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

get the 8 minute abs dvd its great!

#16 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Julesr
              Brooke, I am right there with you. I have so much weight to lose to be at my goal weight, yet I ate a chocolate bar today. I am not sure why, but I am having the hardest time ever motivating myself to eat right, yet you would think it would be the biggest motivator. Its hard, I have no idea what to do next.

Julie I know I said this the other day, but I'm right there with you. I feel so unmotivated at work right now, so I don't think that helps either

#17 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jilly76
                Julie I know I said this the other day, but I'm right there with you. I feel so unmotivated at work right now, so I don't think that helps either
                Me tooo! I am not liking my job and I am so bored while I am there, and that does not help at all.

#18 B&G

B&G
                • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Julesr

As I sit here staring at an unopened can of REGULAR Mountain Dew (I haven't had a regular soda in I can't even tell you how long!), I understand the lack of motivation problem. I think I'm going to have to join the work-out forums and get a buddy in order to do this.

(This is Gen - Brooke usually reads and doesn't post. So if you see a post, chances are, it's me!)
                  Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
                  Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
                  Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#19 Wisco4

Wisco4
                  • 666 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

The hardest part is just getting started but once you work out once..then twice.. and start to feel a difference it gets much easier to stay on track.
                    ~Amanda

#20 JulieG

JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by B&G
                      As I sit here staring at an unopened can of REGULAR Mountain Dew (I haven't had a regular soda in I can't even tell you how long!), I understand the lack of motivation problem. I think I'm going to have to join the work-out forums and get a buddy in order to do this.

(This is Gen - Brooke usually reads and doesn't post. So if you see a post, chances are, it's me!)
                      Sorry Gen, I will always say Gen now. You know next time it will be Brooke though right. lol

Don't do it!!!! Step away from the soda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users