Photo

Received Wedding Certificate today!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charbride

Charbride
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

We just received our wedding certificate today from our wedding in Varadero in July 2010. Does anyone know what the next steps are for registering our marrage in Canada? Or is it already regestered in Canada?

#2 krystalandmike2011

krystalandmike2011
    • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Congrats!!!  My understanding is that you do not need to register your marriage with anyone here at  home... your certificate is proof of your marriage.  That being said you may need to show your certificate as proof to change your name, etc.  I am assuming that most places can't read spanish so I believe you need to have it translated...

I am getting married in Cuba in May and we are planning on getting legally married there??  Did you contact the Cuban Consolate before you left and follow their recommendations??  Or just go with the recommendations of your resort??

My resort says that they include the judges fees, marriage certificate, legalization of doucments and certifications as a part of our wedding package... and they have specifically told me that I don't need to provide anything beyond our passports and birth certificates.... but I am a little worried.  Don't want to come back and then discover we are not married!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users