Photo

How easy is it to turn a ball gown into... not a ball gown?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Evangeline

Evangeline
  • Site Supporter
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hello all. I have been looking for a feminine, romantic, flowy wedding dress. There are LOTS to choose from, but not so much if you're an hourglass shape. Empire makes me look pregnant, Fit-and-Flare over-accentuates my curves (as does trumpet). I need something with substantial support on the top, which is found in almost every singe ball gown. So. I love the look of Maggie Sottero Chardonnay and am wondering if I just removed a few layers of the tulle, would it turn into what I've been looking for? Because the top layer is organza, I am not so concerned w/it laying funny.

Any guesses as to how (in)correct this theory may be?

Chardonnay_front.jpg

#2 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Have you looked into any of the A-line dresses, they give you a nice figure without all the "poof"

#3 jana297

jana297
      • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

This is a David's bridal gown and if you read the reviews on it you will see that it is perfect for an hourglass figure! Have you been to try on dresses? I think if you keep trying on different ones you will find the perfect fit!!flattering dress.jpg

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
        April 6, 2012

#4 jana297

jana297
        • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

Oh and one more thing!!! One of my really close friends just bought that dress that you have in the picture!! It is gorgeous!!

April 6, 2012

#5 Evangeline

Evangeline
          • Site Supporter
          • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

I have been to David's twice. I've tried on that gown both times actually. I am yet to be impressed by the quality of their fabrics. The satins are fine, but the organza and chiffon seem cheap, scratchy and a tad on the stiff side. This is especially disappointing since they have a petite line, which is helpful for my 5'2" height.

Ho hum.

#6 jana297

jana297
            • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

I'm sorry! I haven't seen the gown in person just online and read reviews!! I bought my gown there online and love it!!

April 6, 2012

#7 Evangeline

Evangeline
              • Site Supporter
              • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

An A-line will probably be what I end up w/if this idea doen't pan out. I've tried on quite a few dresses and it seems as though the ball gown waists hit closer to my natural wasitline. Perhaps it is only because of the specific dresses that I've pulled, or perhaps it's just my imaginiation. At this point who knows!

#8 Evangeline

Evangeline
                • Site Supporter
                • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by jana297 

I'm sorry! I haven't seen the gown in person just online and read reviews!! I bought my gown there online and love it!!

No apologies necessary at all!! You're all just trying to help me and I'm just being a poop about it. I have looked @ their online only dresses and was hesitant... Kudos to you for being so brave! That was a big risk that really paid off for you! Not to mention the price tags are lower. Well done indeed!

#9 jana297

jana297
                  • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

Here is the gown!! I love it so much and it really is a mocha champagne in person!! I love it soooo much!!my gown.jpg

April 6, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users