Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Hi Ladies, 

I am booked at Beaches T&C for October 26, 2013. We just booked two weeks ago. We were planning to invite around 160 people, knowing that we would probably get 50 to attend. However, I thought the group code would lock in the rate that we paid for our reservation (this was my mistake), but now the rate is rising and I haven't even sent out the Save the Dates. I know there is the option of doing a group contract, but that makes us responsible for the payment of however many rooms we contract out and collect the money from everyone, which is extremely awkward, particularly for a wedding scenario.  I guess my question is how are some of you handling the planning of your group rates, when the resort won't do a normal room block like any other hotel on the planet?  We've even tried to book several rooms (and pay the deposit) under my name, but the resort won't let us completely transfer the reservation from one person to another. 

Originally Posted by MegBride View Post

Hi Ladies, 

I am booked at Beaches T&C for October 26, 2013. We just booked two weeks ago. We were planning to invite around 160 people, knowing that we would probably get 50 to attend. However, I thought the group code would lock in the rate that we paid for our reservation (this was my mistake), but now the rate is rising and I haven't even sent out the Save the Dates. I know there is the option of doing a group contract, but that makes us responsible for the payment of however many rooms we contract out and collect the money from everyone, which is extremely awkward, particularly for a wedding scenario.  I guess my question is how are some of you handling the planning of your group rates, when the resort won't do a normal room block like any other hotel on the planet?  We've even tried to book several rooms (and pay the deposit) under my name, but the resort won't let us completely transfer the reservation from one person to another. 

Hi,

I'm having my wedding there too next year and I have a TA working on it for me. I send the save the dates and they contact her. We did a contract with a minimum of 10 rooms and we made a deposit. That was the only way to insure the prices.

Hi Blakdeevah,

Congratulations on your date!  And thank you for your response. That does make far more sense than trying to handle all the financial aspects of the contract ourselves. We are certainly not opposed to doing a contract and paying the deposit, but now everything seems far more complicated than it needs to be. Some people have already booked using the group code, at a terrific price, but the contract will negate their reservation and actually cost them more. So if you don't mind my asking, what happens if you don't use all of your booked rooms? You are still responsible for payment on the entire reservation, correct? What do you do in the event you need more rooms? Sorry for all the questions, but I've got some serious decisions to make, ASAP. This is supposed to be fun, right? 

Originally Posted by jeno111213 View Post

Yes def for the price! Ypu can always have little things fixed! If the website your looking at offers customization sizes..def do that! I ordered the first one n didnt measure just guessed so I ordered another one n customized the size n it was made much better n was much happier!!

Which website did you order from?

Originally Posted by MegBride View Post

Hi Blakdeevah,

Congratulations on your date!  And thank you for your response. That does make far more sense than trying to handle all the financial aspects of the contract ourselves. We are certainly not opposed to doing a contract and paying the deposit, but now everything seems far more complicated than it needs to be. Some people have already booked using the group code, at a terrific price, but the contract will negate their reservation and actually cost them more. So if you don't mind my asking, what happens if you don't use all of your booked rooms? You are still responsible for payment on the entire reservation, correct? What do you do in the event you need more rooms? Sorry for all the questions, but I've got some serious decisions to make, ASAP. This is supposed to be fun, right? 

I still have a few days left before the deadline. I was told that the deposit is to hold down the group price. If I dont have enough rooms then I loose the deposit. If I need more room than the originally booked, then they can't guarantee the price but they will be part of your group still. I dont pay for any other costs for the reservation.  I hope this helps. Congrats and good luck. Keep me posted. Do you have a TA?

Hi! I'm brand new here (havent even loaded a picture yet)....I am getting Married 7/9/2014 T&C.  It will be very intimate - just my fiance and I and our 2 children ages 9 and 11 (this is a second marraige for both of us so I really just want to focus on what's most important this time....I've done the big traditional wedding before).  But, Obviously i still want our day to be very nice for us.....I'm sure I will have lots of questions as i have a chance to look over hundreds of pages of information here :) but one quick simple question i have first is:  right now we are planning on going with the beautiful beginnings package....the website states the flowers are fucshia but i've seen several posts on here stating its magenta....so are the flowers more purple or pink (fucshia or magenta?).  I just want to make sure whatever I pick for my daughter to wear will not clash with color of the wedding decor.

Any other suggestions or ideas or tips until i come up with my next question is most welcome!!

thanks everyone and im excited to have found this forum!

Nicole

Originally Posted by blakdeevah View Post

As anyone had ROXI as their wedding planner?

Roxi is the main coordinator for Beaches T&C, she's the one setting up the preliminary information. Roxi has been really good with me and very patient. She makes sure your selections for theme, music, menu, etc. are entered in the system although you can still change lots of things when you get there. I don't think you can change your theme when you get there, but you can add a DJ, band, etc. Also, Roxi is the one who you would send any info relating to allergies and things regarding your guests so that the food accommodations are taken care of.