Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Rachel, I was told by Roxie that the beach BBQ is not every Friday because I had a question about my rehearsal dinner. So maybe ask to be sure before planning your reception around it, I don't want you to be disappointed.

Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

Rachel,

I was told by Roxie that the beach BBQ is not every Friday because I had a question about my rehearsal dinner. So maybe ask to be sure before planning your reception around it, I don't want you to be disappointed.

Thanks so much Kisha! I will shoot Roxi an email tomorrow.  We actually booked the 2 hour reception dinner..but I just thought the beach bbq might save us a little.

For those interested in Videography...... I am debating using beaches videographer and wedit.com. For those that have used the beaches videographer, what did you think?? Where you inpressed? How did the videos turn out. I would love to see some if at all possible. For those who don't know what wedit.com is: $25 down deposit $200 for the week of cameras $200-$400 for editting of video They give five flip cams for the week of your wedding. All your friends and family take the footage. You send the cameras back and they edit a video for you to music! Pretty cool deal...just not sure about the high quality, but the price is amazing :woot: ... Let me know what you guys think!!
Sorry I don't know how to use this yet.. That was meant to be a reply to this post. :D

Originally Posted by Jacquelynk View Post

For those interested in Videography......

I am debating using beaches videographer and wedit.com. For those that have used the beaches videographer, what did you think?? Where you inpressed? How did the videos turn out. I would love to see some if at all possible.

For those who don't know what wedit.com is:

$25 down deposit

$200 for the week of cameras

$200-$400 for editting of video

They give five flip cams for the week of your wedding. All your friends and family take the footage. You send the cameras back and they edit a video for you to music! Pretty cool deal...just not sure about the high quality, but the price is amazing woot.gif... Let me know what you guys think!!

This sounds like an awesome idea! Thanks for the info - def wanna look into it more

My daughter was married there a few months ago.

She had dj and calypso band - dj was good but band was one person (this is always the case) I think he was a waste of money

She had reception on a deck right at the beach, great location - they tried to get us to pay to cover the jacuzzi to place the dance floor - I refused - they  gave this to us (we had 30 people) some areas can only accommodate a small number - you may be limited if you have a lot of guests

She had rehersal in area near Caribbean Vlg. - it was nice

Did not see anyone wearing a veil - you can but it is very windy

You can use your own photographer (no charge) if they stay 3+ nights, so you are ok

You can have food other than pre-planned

WORD OF CAUTION TO ALL BRIDES -

I had numerous problems, as did my daughter in pre-planning stages - had 3 different WC's and ended up with Roxie - there is no consistancy amongst the WC or the supervisors.  Even had things in writing that were not honored.  We requested Caribbean Vlg. and all but 2 ended up in French Vlg. (farthest from beach)  also requested lower level rooms for grandparents and they put them on 2nd and 3rd floors and they were in the building farthest from everything!  Asked Roxie for Plumeria flowers and she said they could get those but their florist said they could not - ended up going for outside vendor.  Do not beleive what they tell you - it may not be true.  I have talked and written to numerous people with complaints - no one is helpful!  They all have said they have numerous complaints about pre-planning but they do nothing to correct it.  I suggest getting info and prices in writing but it may not make a difference.

Good news is the staff at the resort are great!  Had Patricia as planner and she is super nice and bend over backwards to make my daughters day perfect.  She actually knows how to do her job, unlike pre-planning staff.  We had Patrick as photographer - he was great and took a lot of different types of shots that highlighted the scenery and couple.  I had heard bad things about photographers there but someone on this post recommended him so I requested him.  So glad I did - my daughter had a hard time deciding on 120 pics.

If you have read this thread you know the problems people have had.  My daughter's wedding was great but I would have a hard time recommending any Sandals resort - my daughter had a co-worker that had their wedding in Jamaica and had the same problems.

If anyone at the headquarters had made an effort to correct these problems, I would have a very different view.  The problems are easy to correct and they make no effort to do so.  Good luck!

Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post

My daughter was married there a few months ago.

She had dj and calypso band - dj was good but band was one person (this is always the case) I think he was a waste of money

She had reception on a deck right at the beach, great location - they tried to get us to pay to cover the jacuzzi to place the dance floor - I refused - they  gave this to us (we had 30 people) some areas can only accommodate a small number - you may be limited if you have a lot of guests

She had rehersal in area near Caribbean Vlg. - it was nice

Did not see anyone wearing a veil - you can but it is very windy

You can use your own photographer (no charge) if they stay 3+ nights, so you are ok

You can have food other than pre-planned

WORD OF CAUTION TO ALL BRIDES -

I had numerous problems, as did my daughter in pre-planning stages - had 3 different WC's and ended up with Roxie - there is no consistancy amongst the WC or the supervisors.  Even had things in writing that were not honored.  We requested Caribbean Vlg. and all but 2 ended up in French Vlg. (farthest from beach)  also requested lower level rooms for grandparents and they put them on 2nd and 3rd floors and they were in the building farthest from everything!  Asked Roxie for Plumeria flowers and she said they could get those but their florist said they could not - ended up going for outside vendor.  Do not beleive what they tell you - it may not be true.  I have talked and written to numerous people with complaints - no one is helpful!  They all have said they have numerous complaints about pre-planning but they do nothing to correct it.  I suggest getting info and prices in writing but it may not make a difference.

Good news is the staff at the resort are great!  Had Patricia as planner and she is super nice and bend over backwards to make my daughters day perfect.  She actually knows how to do her job, unlike pre-planning staff.  We had Patrick as photographer - he was great and took a lot of different types of shots that highlighted the scenery and couple.  I had heard bad things about photographers there but someone on this post recommended him so I requested him.  So glad I did - my daughter had a hard time deciding on 120 pics.

If you have read this thread you know the problems people have had.  My daughter's wedding was great but I would have a hard time recommending any Sandals resort - my daughter had a co-worker that had their wedding in Jamaica and had the same problems.

If anyone at the headquarters had made an effort to correct these problems, I would have a very different view.  The problems are easy to correct and they make no effort to do so.  Good luck!

Could you, please, elborate on the photographer staying for free part? I had no idea about that.

Originally Posted by blakdeevah View Post

Could you, please, elborate on the photographer staying for free part? I had no idea about that.

I don't think they meant for free literally. I spoke to the WC and she said that you do not pay a "fee" to have an outside photographer as long as they stay for 3 nights or more at the resort. I'm bringing my own photographer and he is staying as a part of my wedding group so I don't pay any additional fees to the resort for him to photograph the wedding instead of the Beaches photographers.

Originally Posted by Jacquelynk View Post

Thanks everyone for your responses! I do have a few other questions. My conference call is with Roxi next Tuesday. Is she good or should I request another planner?? I have no problem doing that! hahaha

We are getting married Jan 26th, 2013

Estimated guests in our party 75

Staying in the French Village

1. How does everyone feel about the DJ vs. calypso band and steel drum band?

2.Did any do the large rehearsal dinner on the beach??

3.Veil? yes or no? I have heard that it is very windy there?

4.For my large party, what location do people suggest for reception venue?

5.This make up and hair girl everyone is talking about "Shenque", does she come to the resort? Do we go to her? Prices etc?

6.Also my best friend is a photographer and will be doing our pictures. Any suggestions on how to go about this?? Some people say you need to pay a fee. I have her staying at the resort for four nights in her own room.

7.Food....has anyone done anything other than the preplanned menu, I'm not crazy about everything on it! Can they offer entrees like lobster, fish, filet?

Thanks everyone!

I have heard great reviews on both bands so don' t think you can go wrong. As for the photographer I read in one of the earlier posts here that as long as they are a guest you don' t have to pay a fee I mean she's technically a wedding guest who is taking pics..sorry don' t have to many answers but read the past reviews the girls really go into detail