Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Thank You MissLinz......I'm guessing from what I read on the other forums that Monica more like a sales rep than WC....I also read that the resort wedding planners are very nice and work with brides.  I'm just going to let Monica know we sticking with the BB and when we arrived I talk more with the wedding planner about my final detail planning.

welcome back and congrats Kimberlyg can't wait to see the pictures and read your reviews

Welcome Kendall!

Jordana got married today! Welcome back KimberlyG. Thank you for thinking of us future brides and writing a review. I'm sure we all can't wait to read it.

Here's an updated list. Ceproto- you're next!

Ceproto: 2/5/2011

AnnMarie: 2/19/2011

Misti: 3/12/2011

Brandy: 4/2/2011

Michelle-2: 4/14/2011

AandA: 5/4/2011

MissLinz: 5/18/2011

LaurenMarie: 5/21/2011 

JuanitaD: 5/21/2011

Kendall: 5/21/2011

Caroleandchad: 6/4/2011

MissKady: 7/6/2011

Bfrisk72: 7/7/2011

Butterfly913: 7/9/11

Barefootidos: 7/29/2011

Trimalusta: 9/24/2011

HandCinTandC: 10/7/2011

Nicb1rd: 12/2/2011

Mrszahakos: 12/3/2011

Lizzdee: 1/21/2012

Kirsten: 7/7/2012

Originally Posted by Kendall View Post

I haven't been on here for a while.  I've been missing a lot, I see!

Kendall & Scott

5/21/2011

3pm

Beaches - Turks & Caicos

Can't wait!

Originally Posted by MIssLinz View Post

my call went well with Monica..she seems nice enough. Some of the quotes were high on some things, but we will probably just do some things on our own. One plus is that we got our 11am timeslot changed!! they have some promo on till the end of this week where you don't have to purchase the IP pkg to get the later sunset time. I'm so excited...that was one of our big worries. Now we're getting married at 5pm. I'm thinking of doing it on the beach now...hmm..

and Butterfly913...i heard that if you just bring your favours, and decor that you want to add and speak with the wedding planner on site - that she usually does it for free..but who knows. Good luck...cheesy.gif

What promo is this?? Details PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow - it's been months since I've been on here!

Great Idea starting this thread!!!

Veena and Litty

1pm ceremony - Beach

6pm reception - undecided on a location

Beaches Turks and Caicos

Photography - Andy Mann with Tropical Imaging

Welcome back lv1044!

Here's an updated list ladies.

Ceproto: 2/5/2011

AnnMarie: 2/19/2011

Misti: 3/12/2011

Brandy: 4/2/2011

Michelle-2: 4/14/2011

AandA: 5/4/2011

MissLinz: 5/18/2011

LaurenMarie: 5/21/2011 

JuanitaD: 5/21/2011

Kendall: 5/21/2011

lv1044: 5/27/2011

Caroleandchad: 6/4/2011

MissKady: 7/6/2011

Bfrisk72: 7/7/2011

Butterfly913: 7/9/11

Barefootidos: 7/29/2011

Trimalusta: 9/24/2011

HandCinTandC: 10/7/2011

Nicb1rd: 12/2/2011

Mrszahakos: 12/3/2011

Lizzdee: 1/21/2012

Kirsten: 7/7/2012

Originally Posted by lv1044 View Post

Wow - it's been months since I've been on here!

Great Idea starting this thread!!!

Veena and Litty

1pm ceremony - Beach

6pm reception - undecided on a location

Beaches Turks and Caicos

Photography - Andy Mann with Tropical Imaging

REVIEW:

Ceremony:

We got married on Januray 10th at 4 pm- perfect time on the beach just before sunset.  People looked, but it is not a big deal and you forget QUICKLY!  Bring music to be played on a cd.  Wish we had met with pastor before hand- a little strange not ever meeting him first.  He said a few things that were "off"  We wrote our own vows and he implemented his own stuff too.  Sand Ceremony- not worth the $100, but a good concept and symbolism- maybe bring your own container unless you want the jar that says "Martha Stewart WeddingMoons."  Rose petals- $55 dollars a bag to sprinkle on the beach- you need at least two and they are in none of  the "Beaches" Photos anyway (not necessary, but a nice touch).

Wedding Coordinator: Patricia is awesome- so helpful and will answer EVERYTHING you neeed to know when you get there.  Do NOT feel pressured in to purchasing anything BEFOREHAND- you can decide there and have a MUCH better idea of how things work.  All the locations are beautiful and ALL the decorations are more than enough.  Beautiful Beginnings is simple and elegant and in the Carribean it is MORE than enough to to feel like a a very nice wedding, but I understand wanting to upgrade.  Seriously though, the BB packagae is colorful and includes all the details just on a simpler scale- consider where you put your money:  Your friends and family will love the background of the ocean and the simplicity of the Carribean- it is luxurious at the table setting with china and fushia orchids (the island choice) and they won't remember the table setting too much anyway- the resort is very nice in it's own...they do a good job!!! 

Beaches Photagraphy: Buy the cheapest package possible and it is still not worth the price... :( Sorry  I wish I had better to say, but they just are not the quality you want for your wedding- they are ok, but ANYONE can take the photos they take.  I went with Tropical Imaging- you will thank yourself and photagrapher the rest of your life for making that choice.  It is fun to get around the rest of the island and see some beautiful locations and it is the ONE thing you will have forever to remember the beautiful location of your marriage!  Here are a few pictures of me, my husband and son- lleana is amazing- a very cool woman.  Shenique Higgs did my hair and makeup for the photo shoot and wedding ceremony- pricey, but I couldn't make myself look like that- she is VERY good at what she does!  Trust her ideas... she's good!

http://www.brilliant.tc/2011/01/kimberly-ryan/  I am still waiting for the video from Beaches- my hopes are not high, but I am anxious to view it! Because we had a private ceremony and are having our big formal reception at home ( viewing the ceremony on the big screen) the three of us enjoyed a private candlelight dinner on the beach.  It was very good, but at an all inclusive resort- either of the two adult only retraunts were just AS good!  It was loveley being on the beach by candlelight though.  The food however is the same.   Food: something for everyone- it is all AMAZING!!!  It never ends...Lobster at Sapadillas!  Arizonas- Smoked meats.  The French Restraunt was sooooo good.  Japanese place and Sushi Bar- the best! Shrimp Cocktail and hamburgers at the Pub.  Desserts everywhere- yum! If you have specific questions- ask me.  Try everything!  Drinks in the pool- Dirty Bananas and Mai Tais!   We stayed in the Roman Pent House Ocean Front View Italian Village- ridiculously nice- jetted tub filled with hot bubble bath and flowers on wedding night.  choclate covered strawberries and champagne at bedside another night.   Heart shaped towels and rose petals on bed at turn down service one night- be nice to everyone and they will take care of you!!!  Enock in the Italian Village will get anything you want- anything!  He is so awesome- ask for him.  we drank Coronas on the beach because it was special request and it was delivered that day to the room- no charge.  The bar is stocked with liquor, beer, juice, sodas and waters, but we never sat in the rom and drank- get outside!   Bottom Line:  Remember why you chose a Destination Wedding- relax and it will all be fine!  I stressed too much and it was so unnecessary- they take care of it all and it will be beautiful- keep the Carribean Spirit and you will look and feel your best and your guests will have the time of their life- only the Bride cares about all the little details and I promise that resort will make it elegeant no matter what you choose!  he scenery is already set- the staff makes everyone comfortable, filled with drinks and food- they will remeber how they felt and it sooo pretty- the reception that they offer is AMAZING and quality and beautiful presentation. 
  • Like 1